food interaction for CBACT
alcohol interaction for CBACT
pregnancy interaction for CBACT
lactation interaction for CBACT
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CBACT
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CBACT
- KEPHAZON 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)United Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 295/injectionRs. 295pay 29% more per injection
- PURECEF 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Samarth Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 120.31/injectionRs. 120.31save 47% more per injection
- CEFPAR 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Karnataka Antibiotics & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 44.62/injectionRs. 44.62save 80% more per injection
- CEFPRA 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Ampra PharmaceuticalsRs. 65.62/injectionRs. 65.62save 71% more per injection
- CEFOPERAZONE 1GM INJETION(1 injection in vial)Jan AushadhiRs. 59.78/injectionRs. 59.78save 74% more per injection
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
Expert advice for CBACT
- If you have history of allergy due to cefoperazone or any other cephalosporin or penicillin antibiotics.
- If you experience severe and persistent diarrhea after taking antibiotics.
- If you are already taking any other antibiotic like aminoglycosides or other cephalosporins as it may cause kidney toxicity.
Frequently asked questions for CBACT
Q.What is cefoperazone sulbactam?
Combination of cefoperazone and sulbactam (beta lactamase inhibitor) are used for the treatment of intra-abdominal infections
Q.Is cefoperazone nephrotoxic?
No, cefoperazona is not a nephrotoxic drug when given alone, but when given along with aminoglycosides (gentamicin, tobramycin) or other cephalosporins antibiotics, it may increase nephrotoxicity. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Is cefoperazone safe?
Cefoperazone is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.