Medicine Overview of Cardif Tablet
Uses of Cardif Tablet
Cardif 20mg Tablet is used in the treatment of hypertension.
Side effects of Cardif Tablet
Fatigue, Ankle swelling, Sleepiness, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Headache, Nausea, Dizziness, Palpitations, Abdominal pain, Edema.
How to use Cardif Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Cardif 20mg Tablet with food.
How Cardif Tablet works
Cardif 20mg tablet is a calcium channel blocker. It blocks the action of calcium on the heart and blood vessels. This lowers the blood pressure, abnormally fast heartbeat and reduces strain on the heart following a heart attack.
In Depth Information on Cardif Tablet
Expert advice for Cardif Tablet
- It is very common to have dizziness, lightheadedness, swelling ankles/feet, flushing, or a headache as a side effect.
- To lower your risk of dizziness and lightheadedness, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Inform your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if it worsens (for example, your blood pressure readings remain high or increase, chest pain continues or worsens).
- Inform your doctor immediately if any of these serious side effects occur: fast/irregular/pounding heartbeat, fainting.
- Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day. It is important to continue taking this medication even if you feel well.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose.
Special precautions for Cardif 20mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Cardif 20mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Cardif 20mg Tablet is safe to use during lactation. Human s+more
tudies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Cardif 20mg Tablet may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Cardif+more
20mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Onabet Powder, Zathrin Redimix Suspension, PRATHAM 200MG REDIUSE SUSPENSION, Azibig 200mg Suspension
If you miss a dose of Nitrendipine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Substitutes for Cardif
No substitutes found for this medicine