Nitrendipine is used in the treatment of increased blood pressure , angina (chest pain), arrhythmias (abnormal heart beat) and hypertensive emergency
How it works
Nitrendipine blocks the action of calcium on the heart and blood vessels. As a result, blood vessels are relaxed and heart beats with less force. This lowers the blood pressure, abnormally fast heart beat and protects the heart following a heart attack.
Common side effects
Sleepiness, Fatigue, Ankle swelling, Flushing, Headache, Dizziness, Nausea, Palpitations, Abdominal pain, Edema
- 2 variant(s)
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Nitrendipine can cause swelling in the ankle or feet. Notify your doctor if it bothers you.
- The missing dose of the Nitrendipine can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke. You can take the medicine at the same time every day to avoid forgetting it.
- You may get a headache that lasts for a short time, after starting Nitrendipine. This should become less noticeable after a few days.
- Nitrendipine may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment.
- Swelling, bleeding or tenderness of gums may occur after starting the treatment. Brushing and flossing of teeth carefully and regularly may prevent this.