Nitrendipine is used in the treatment of mild to moderate primary hypertension (high blood pressure).
How it works
Nitrendipine belongs to class of drugs called calcium channel blockers. It dilates the blood vessels and increases the blood flow thereby reducing the blood pressure.
Common side effects
Generalised swelling, Fluid retention, Headache, Skin redness
- 2 variant(s)
• Tell your doctor if you have muscle weakening (muscular dystrophy).
• Avoid driving or operating machines with nitrendipine therapy as it may cause dizziness.
• Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Patients allergic to nitrendipine or any of its ingredients should not take it.
• Patients with unstable angina pectoris (chest pain)should not take it.
• Nitrendipine should not be given to patients who had heart attack.
• Do not administer nitrendipine to children under the age 18 years.