Information about Nitrendipine
Nitrendipine is used in the treatment of hypertension.
How nitrendipine works
Nitrendipine is a calcium channel blocker. It works by relaxing blood vessels which makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood around the body.
Common side effects of nitrendipine
Fatigue, Ankle swelling, Sleepiness, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Headache, Nausea, Dizziness, Palpitations, Abdominal pain, Edema
Available Medicine for Nitrendipine
- ₹39 to ₹66USV Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹9 to ₹13Concept Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Nitrendipine
- It is very common to have dizziness, lightheadedness, swelling ankles/feet, flushing, or a headache as a side effect.
- To lower your risk of dizziness and lightheadedness, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Inform your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if it worsens (for example, your blood pressure readings remain high or increase, chest pain continues or worsens).
- Inform your doctor immediately if any of these serious side effects occur: fast/irregular/pounding heartbeat, fainting.
- Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day. It is important to continue taking this medication even if you feel well.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose.