Nitrendipine is used in the treatment of increased blood pressure , angina (chest pain), arrhythmias (abnormal heart beat) and hypertensive emergency
How it works
Nitrendipine is a calcium channel blocker. It blocks the action of calcium on the heart and blood vessels. This can lower the blood pressure, abnormally fast heartbeat and reduces strain on heart following a heart attack.
Common side effects
Sleepiness, Fatigue, Ankle swelling, Flushing, Headache, Dizziness, Nausea, Palpitations, Abdominal pain, Edema
- ₹9 to ₹13Concept Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Nitrendipine can cause swelling in the ankle or feet. Notify your doctor if it bothers you.
- The missing dose of the Nitrendipine can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke. You can take the medicine at the same time every day to avoid forgetting it.
- You may get a headache that lasts for a short time, after starting Nitrendipine. This should become less noticeable after a few days.
- Nitrendipine may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment.
- Swelling, bleeding or tenderness of gums may occur after starting the treatment. Brushing and flossing of teeth carefully and regularly may prevent this.