food interaction for CANTAR
alcohol interaction for CANTAR
pregnancy interaction for CANTAR
lactation interaction for CANTAR
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CANTAR
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CANTAR
- CANDELONG 16 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 6.17/tabletRs. 61.65save 11% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for CANTAR
- Candesartan may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, take the Candesartan at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving, if you feel dizzy after consuming Candesartan.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Candesartan should be discontinued a day prior to the scheduled surgery.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
Frequently asked questions for CANTAR
Q.Is Candesartan an ACE inhibitor/ a beta blocker/ calcium channel blocker/ alpha blocker/ blood thinner?
Candesartan is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist
Q.Is candesartan safe?
Candesartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is candesartan the same as atacand?
No. Actacand is a prodrug containing Candesartan cilexetil which gets hydrolysed to candesartan before absorption in body
Q.Is candesartan / Candesartan cilexetil a statin?
No. Candesartan is not a statin
Q.Can I take ibuprofen/ paracetamol with Candesartan / Candesartan cilexetil?
Yes. However, you may require close monitoring by your treating doctor
Q.Can I take viagra with candesartan?
Yes. However, viagra may add up the blood pressure lowering effect of candesartan. Always consult your doctor before taking the combination
Q.Can I take aspirin with candesartan?
Yes. However, aspirin reduces the blood pressure lowering effect of candesartan and also prolonged combination use may affect your kidney function. You must consult your doctor prior to taking this combination
Q.Can I take diclofenac with candesartan?
Yes. However, diclofenac reduces the blood pressure lowering effect of candesartan and also prolonged combination use may affect your kidney function. You must consult your doctor prior to taking this combination
Q.Can I take lemsip with candesartan?
Yes. You can take lemsip (Paracetamol) with candesartan. However, always consult your doctor before taking any combination
Q.Does candesartan cause headaches/ hair loss/ weight gain/ erectile dysfunction/ constipation/ tinnitus/ cancer?
Yes. Candesartan use may cause headache. However it is not known to cause hair loss, weight gain, erectile dysfunction, insomnia, constipation, tinnitus or cancer. Please consult your doctor if you experience such side effects
Q.Does candesartan make you tired?
The use of Candesartan may rarely make you tired
Q.Does candesartan work?
Yes. Candesartan works if used at prescribed does for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.