food interaction for CACHEPIME
alcohol interaction for CACHEPIME
pregnancy interaction for CACHEPIME
lactation interaction for CACHEPIME
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CACHEPIME
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CACHEPIME
- NOVAPIME 1GM INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Lupin LtdRs. 21.60/ML of injectionRs. 216save 84% more per ML of injection
- SCUD 1GM INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 24.64/ML of injectionRs. 246.40save 81% more per ML of injection
- IVIPIME 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Vhb Life Sciences IncRs. 180/injectionRs. 180pay 35% more per injection
- CELRIM 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)BioconRs. 209/injectionRs. 209pay 57% more per injection
- EPIME 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)United Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 188.37/injectionRs. 188.37pay 42% more per injection
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for CACHEPIME
- Do not start or continue the cefepime and consult your doctor if you have kidney, liver or blood clotting disorder, stomach or bowel problems, poor nutrition, or if you are taking drugs like aminoglycosides (e.g. gentamycin) and diuretics (e.g. furosemide).
- Caution should be taken when given to the children < 2 months old or to patients with diabetes as it may affect the results for urine glucose tests.
Frequently asked questions for CACHEPIME
Q.Is cefepime beta lactam, penicillin, or sulfa drug?
Cefepime does not contain sulfa and is not a penicillin drug. It is a beta lactam cephalosporin antibiotic
Q.Is cefepime broad spectrum bacteriostatic or bactericidal?
Cefepime is a broad spectrum bactericidal antibiotic
Q.Is cefepime compatible with lactated ringer's, normal saline, or vancomycin?
Cefepime is compatible with lactated ringer's or normal saline. Solutions of cefepime should not be added to vancomycin. However, if concurrent therapy with cefepime is indicated, vancomycin can be administered separately. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Is cefepime a vesicant?
No, cefepime is not a vesicant drug
Q.What organisms does cefepime cover?
Cefepime is mainly effective against methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus (mssa), gram-negative bacteria, klebsiella, Group B streptococci but not effective against enterococcus, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (mrsa), or anaerobes such as mycoplasma.