food interaction for EPIME
alcohol interaction for EPIME
pregnancy interaction for EPIME
lactation interaction for EPIME
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for EPIME
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for EPIME
- NOVAPIME 1GM INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Lupin LtdRs. 21.60/ML of injectionRs. 216save 89% more per ML of injection
- SCUD 1GM INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 24.64/ML of injectionRs. 246.40save 87% more per ML of injection
- IVIPIME 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Vhb Life Sciences IncRs. 180/injectionRs. 180save 4% more per injection
- CELRIM 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)BioconRs. 209/injectionRs. 209pay 11% more per injection
- ENPIME 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Shrinivas Gujarat Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 142.86/injectionRs. 142.86save 24% more per injection
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for EPIME
- Do not start or continue the cefepime and consult your doctor if you have kidney, liver or blood clotting disorder, stomach or bowel problems, poor nutrition, or if you are taking drugs like aminoglycosides (e.g. gentamycin) and diuretics (e.g. furosemide).
- Caution should be taken when given to the children < 2 months old or to patients with diabetes as it may affect the results for urine glucose tests.
Frequently asked questions for EPIME
Q.Is cefepime beta lactam, penicillin, or sulfa drug?
Cefepime does not contain sulfa and is not a penicillin drug. It is a beta lactam cephalosporin antibiotic
Q.Is cefepime broad spectrum bacteriostatic or bactericidal?
Cefepime is a broad spectrum bactericidal antibiotic
Q.Is cefepime compatible with lactated ringer's, normal saline, or vancomycin?
Cefepime is compatible with lactated ringer's or normal saline. Solutions of cefepime should not be added to vancomycin. However, if concurrent therapy with cefepime is indicated, vancomycin can be administered separately. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Is cefepime a vesicant?
No, cefepime is not a vesicant drug
Q.What organisms does cefepime cover?
Cefepime is mainly effective against methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus (mssa), gram-negative bacteria, klebsiella, Group B streptococci but not effective against enterococcus, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (mrsa), or anaerobes such as mycoplasma.