food interaction for BRUFEN
alcohol interaction for BRUFEN
pregnancy interaction for BRUFEN
lactation interaction for BRUFEN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for BRUFEN
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for BRUFEN 400 MG TABLET
Patients taking BRUFEN 400 MG TABLET
- 47%Once A Day
- 34%Twice A Day
- 11%Thrice A Day
- 8%Thrice A week
SUBSTITUTES for BRUFEN
- ICPARIL 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Icpa Health Products LtdRs. 2.95/tabletRs. 29.50pay 333% more per tablet
- IBUGESIC 400 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 0.68/tabletRs. 10.24same price
- MAXOFEN TABLET(12 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 0.60/tabletRs. 7.18save 12% more per tablet
- IBUPAL 400MG TABLET(100 tablets in bottle)Jagsonpal Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.39/tabletRs. 38.50save 44% more per tablet
- NOVIGAN 400MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 1.01/tabletRs. 10.12pay 48% more per tablet
- Dr. Sri Ram GargMBBS
- Dr. Sumeet AgrawalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Naval MendirattaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Divya AgarwalMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Rajkumari Bhagati DarMBBS, MD, Fellowship
Expert advice for BRUFEN
- Do not take the drug with other blood thinners like aspirin unless your doctor suggests.
- Ibuprofen can cause easy bruising or bleeding, consult your doctor if you show any such signs.
- Severe liver or kidney problems.
- Heart failure or other heart problems.
- High cholesterol.
- Stomach ulcer,
- perforation or bleeding due to NSAIDs.
Frequently asked questions for BRUFEN
Q.Is Brufen and ibuprofen the same?
Yes, ibuprofen is available under brand name ‘Brufen'
Q.Is ibuprofen/ Brufen/ Ibugesic / Ibugesic plus safe?
Ibuprofen (also available as Brufen/Ibugesic /Ibugesic plus) is safe at the prescribed dose by the doctor. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Is ibuprofen/Brufen banned in India?
No. It is available in India
Q.Is ibuprofen/ Brufen / Ibugesic/ Ibugesic plus an antibiotic?
No. Ibuprofen is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug and not an antibiotic
Q.Can I take ibuprofen for a hangover/ heartburn/ heart attack?
Ibuprofen is specifically used to relieve pain. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q.Can I take ibuprofen with amoxicillin/ DayQuil/ tramadol/ NyQuil/ prednisone/ hydrocodone/ sudafed/ antibiotics/ codeine/ paracetamol/ panadol?
Taking other medicines may alter the effects of ibuprofen. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does ibuprofen/ Brufen make you sleepy?
No. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Does ibuprofen/ Brufen stop your period?
At normal prescribed doses, it doesn't stop period. It is used to relieve from pain during period (menstruation). However, at high doses – about 800 mg dose three times a day, it can stop your period. However, it depends on a lot of factors. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Does ibuprofen/Brufen reduce swelling /get you high /thin the blood?
No. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects
Q.Does ibuprofen contain paracetamol/aspirin/ caffeine/ codeine?
No. Ibuprofen does not contain paracetamol/aspirin/caffeine/codeine
Q.Is Brufen/ Ibugesic a painkiller/ anti-inflammatory/ good for toothache/ used for fever/ used for cramps/ used for flu/ used for cold/ used for stomach ache/ used for headache/ used for gall bladder pain/use for muscle soreness/use for sore throat/used for back pain/used for concussion/ used for inflammation?
Brufen or Ibugesic are trade names of ibuprofen, which is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug and used as painkiller for toothache, headache, back pain, gall bladder pain and cramps. It has inflammatory property, so used for inflammation, concussion, muscle soreness, sore throat. It is used for fever and flu. It is used with antihistamines for cold. Its better avoided for stomach pain
Q.Does Brufen cause constipation?
It may cause constipatio
Q.Does Brufen stop bleeding?
It is used to stop abnormal vaginal bleeding. However, consult your doctor if you experience such type of effects.