Information about Ibuprofen
Ibuprofen is used for pain relief and fever. It relieves pain and inflammation in conditions like headache, muscle pain, dental pain or joint pain.
How ibuprofen works
Ibuprofen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause fever, pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of ibuprofen
Vomiting, Stomach pain, Nausea, Indigestion, Heartburn
Available Medicine for Ibuprofen
- ₹6 to ₹24Abbott5 variant(s)
- ₹7 to ₹92Cipla Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹41Maxzimaa Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.1 variant(s)
- ₹18 to ₹79Abaris Healthcare2 variant(s)
- ₹31Icpa Health Products Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹60Vintech Formulations1 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹14Jagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹4Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹5Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ibuprofen
- You have been prescribed Ibuprofen to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Take it with food or milk to prevent upset stomach.
- Take it as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Long term use may lead to serious complications such as stomach bleeding and kidney problems.
- Do not take indigestion remedies (antacids) within two hours of taking Ibuprofen.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Ibuprofen as it can increase your risk of stomach problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart disease or stroke.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your kidney function, liver function and levels of blood components if you are taking this medicine for long-term treatment.
Frequently asked questions for Ibuprofen
Q. Is Ibuprofen safe?
Ibuprofen is safe if used at the doses and for the duration prescribed by the doctor. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Q. Can I take Ibuprofen with Betahistine?
Ibuprofen can be taken with Betahistine. There are no reported drug interactions or harmful effects when they are used together.
Q. Can I take Ibuprofen with Tamsulosin or paracetamol?
Ibuprofen can be taken with Tamsulosin or paracetamol. No harmful side effects or other interactions have been seen when they are taken together.
Q. Can I take Ibuprofen with rabeprazole?
Ibuprofen can be taken with Rabeprazole . Rabeprazole is used to prevent painkiller (NSAIDs) induced gastritis and stomach ulcers by decreasing the production of acid in the stomach. There are no reported drug interactions or harmful effects when they are used together.
Q. Can I take Ibuprofen with famotidine?
Ibuprofen can be taken with Famotidine as no harmul effects have been seen when they are used together. Ibuprofen is a pain killer and belongs to the group of NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents) and you should be careful while taking NSAIDs as they are strong gastric acid stimulators and would increase the gastric acid secretion and further worsen your underlying condition.