Information about Ibuprofen
Ibuprofen is used in fever, Headache, arthralgia, myalgia, dental pain, post operative pain, Pain during menstruation, Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis and gout.
How ibuprofen works
Ibuprofen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause fever, pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of ibuprofen
Abdominal pain, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Epigastric pain, Flatulence, Nausea, Vomiting, Indigestion
Available Medicine for Ibuprofen
- ₹5 to ₹20Abbott India Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹5 to ₹76Cipla Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹10 to ₹11Astron Healthcare2 variant(s)
- ₹29Icpa Health Products Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹60Vintech Formulations1 variant(s)
- ₹10 to ₹13Jagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹50SKN Organics1 variant(s)
- ₹7Abbott India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹8Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹38Jagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ibuprofen
- It should be taken with food or milk to avoid getting an upset stomach.
- It can cause serious complications like stomach bleeding and kidney problems if taken for a long time.
- Ibuprofen can raise your risk of blood clots, heart attack, or a stroke.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
Frequently asked questions for Ibuprofen
Q. Is Ibuprofen safe?
Ibuprofen is safe if used at the doses and for the duration prescribed by the doctor. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Q. Can I take Ibuprofen with Betahistine?
Ibuprofen can be taken with Betahistine. There are no reported drug interactions or harmful effects when they are used together.
Q. Can I take Ibuprofen with Tamsulosin or paracetamol?
Ibuprofen can be taken with Tamsulosin or paracetamol. No harmful side effects or other interactions have been seen when they are taken together.
Q. Can I take Ibuprofen with rabeprazole?
Ibuprofen can be taken with Rabeprazole . Rabeprazole is used to prevent painkiller (NSAIDs) induced gastritis and stomach ulcers by decreasing the production of acid in the stomach. There are no reported drug interactions or harmful effects when they are used together.
Q. Can I take Ibuprofen with famotidine?
Ibuprofen can be taken with Famotidine as no harmul effects have been seen when they are used together. Ibuprofen is a pain killer and belongs to the group of NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents) and you should be careful while taking NSAIDs as they are strong gastric acid stimulators and would increase the gastric acid secretion and further worsen your underlying condition.