Medicine Overview of Brimodin LS Eye Drop
Uses of Brimodin LS Eye Drop
Brimodin LS 0.1% Eye Drop is used in the treatment of glaucoma.
Side effects of Brimodin LS Eye Drop
Headache, Foreign body sensation in eyes, Blurred vision, Dry mouth, Burning sensation in eye, Conjunctival hyperemia , Fatigue, Stinging in the eyes, Drowsiness, Eye itching, Allergic reaction in eye.
How to use Brimodin LS Eye Drop
This medicine is for external use only.Take it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Hold the dropper close to the eye/ear without touching it. Gently squeeze the dropper and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid or ear. Wipe off extra liquid.
How Brimodin LS Eye Drop works
Brimodin ls 0.1% eye drop decreases the pressure in the eyeball by decreasing the formation of aqueous humor (clear watery fluid filling the space in front of an eyeball ).
In Depth Information on Brimodin LS Eye Drop
Expert advice for Brimodin LS Eye Drop
- Do not start or continue the brimonidine solution If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to brimonidine or any of the other ingredients of brimonidine solution.
- Close your eyes for 2 or 3 minutes with your head tipped down, without blinking or squinting. Gently press your finger to the inside corner of the eye for about 1 minute, to keep the liquid from draining into your tear duct.
- Do not touch the tip of the eye dropper or place it directly on your eye. A contaminated dropper can infect your eye, which could lead to serious vision problems.
- Remove contact lenses prior to application and wait at least 15 minutes before reinsertion.
- Wait at least 5 minutes before using any other eye drops your doctor has prescribed.
- Do not use the eye drops if the liquid has changed colors or has particles in it. Call your pharmacist for new medicine.
Special precautions for Brimodin LS 0.1% Eye Drop
No interaction found
Brimodin LS 0.1% Eye Drop is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Brimodin LS 0.1% Eye Drop should be used with caution during+more
lactation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Brimodin LS 0.1% Eye Drop may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, t+more
ired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
There is limited information available on the use of Brimodi+more
n LS 0.1% Eye Drop in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Brimonidine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Brimodin LS 0.1% w/v Eye Drop
Frequently asked questions for Brimonidine
Yes, Alphagan is a trade name of drug Brimodin ls
Brimodin ls or Brimodin ls tartrate is a sympatomimetic drug and not a beta blocker/steroid
Yes, feeling fatigue is a very common side effect of Brimodin ls. Always consult your doctor if you experience such type of side effect
Brimodin ls causing this side effect is very rare. It may be because of overdose of other alpha2-agonists. Always consult your doctor if you experience such type of side effect
It reduces the intraocular pressure by reducing the amount of fluid in the eye.
User Submitted Feedback For Brimodin LS 0.1% w/v Eye Drop
Patients taking Brimodin LS 0.1% Eye Drop
Thrice A Day
Twice A Day
Once A Day
Four Times A Day