food interaction for BIOMAL
alcohol interaction for BIOMAL
pregnancy interaction for BIOMAL
lactation interaction for BIOMAL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for BIOMAL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for BIOMAL
- ARTEO 150MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Gujarat Terce Laboratories LtdRs. 28/ML of injectionRs. 56save 43% more per ML of injection
- MALINO 150MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Seagull Labs (I) Pvt LtdRs. 31.50/ML of injectionRs. 63save 36% more per ML of injection
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for BIOMAL
- Take artemether tablet with food or drink rich in fat such as milk.
- Crush or chew the tablet and swallow it with a glass of water in case of young children.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking artemether because you may feel sleep.
- Do not take artemether if you have severe type of malaria infection.
- Do not take artemether if you are if you are in first 3 months of pregnancy or breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions for BIOMAL
Q.What is artemether lumefantrine/artemether injection used for?
It is used for treating uncomplicated malaria. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.How effective is artemether?
Artemether is effective at prescribed dose for the particular disease condition as suggested by your doctor
Q.How does artemether lumefantrine work?
Artemether and lumefantrine together work by killing the malarial parasite called Plasmodium falciparum.