food interaction for BETALOL
alcohol interaction for BETALOL
pregnancy interaction for BETALOL
lactation interaction for BETALOL
medicine interaction for BETALOL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR BETALOL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR BETALOL
- NEBISTAR 2.5 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 5.25/tabletRs. 52.50pay 25% more per tablet
- NEBI 2.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.70/tabletRs. 47pay 12% more per tablet
- NEBULA 2.5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 6.73/tabletRs. 67.30pay 60% more per tablet
- NUBETA 2.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 6.34/tabletRs. 63.40pay 51% more per tablet
- NEBICIP 2.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 5.05/tabletRs. 50.50pay 20% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR BETALOL
- Nebivolol may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- The Nebivolol may affect your blood sugar and cover up the symptoms of low blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Nebivolol may reduce blood flow to your hands and feet, causing them to feel cold. Smoking may worsen this effect. Dress warmly and avoid the use of tobacco.
- Consult your doctor whether to continue Nebivolol before any scheduled surgery.
- It is not the first-choice treatment for high blood pressure according to the latest guidelines, except if you have a heart failure or heart disease.
- Adults over the age of 65 may be at greater risk for the side-effects.
Frequently asked questions FOR BETALOL
Q. What is nebivolol used for?
Nebivolol belongs to a class of medication call beta-blockers. This is used to treat high blood pressure and chronic heart failure
Q. Is nebivolol a generic?
Nebivolol is not a generic
Q. Is it a generic for bystoli?
Bystoli and Nebicard are the brand names for nebivolol
Q. What is Nebicard?
Bystoli and Nebicard are the brand names for nebivolol. Both bisoprolol and nebivolol belong to the same category of medications called beta-blockers. Only a doctor would be correctly able to prescribe bisoprolol or nebivolol to you based on the symptoms
Q. Is it better than bisoprolol?
Both bisoprolol and nebivolol belong to the same category of medications called beta-blockers. Only a doctor would be correctly able to prescribe bisoprolol or nebivolol to you based on the symptoms
Q. Is nebivolol safe?
Nebivolol is safe if used for an indication and a dose prescribed by your doctor
Q. Is nebivolol a diuretic/ACE blocker/beta-blocker?
Nebivolol is a beta-blocker. It is not a diuretic
Q. Does it contain nitrates?
ACE blocker and it does not contain nitrates
Q. How does nebivolol work?
Nebivolol belongs to a class of medication call beta-blockers. It relaxes the blood vessels and slows the heart rate thus improving blood flow and decreasing blood pressure. The reduced blood pressure makes it easier for a weak heart to pump blood at a slower rate, which is why it works in heart failure also
Q. Can I take nebivolol with ibuprofen?
Nebivolol is not known to interact with ibuprofen, but it should be taken only after doctor's advice
Q. Does nebivolol cause hair loss/weight gain/impotence/increase testosterone levels?
Nebivolol is is not known to cause hair loss/weight gain or increase testosterone levels. Uncommonly, it causes impotence
Q. Does nebivolol cross blood brain barrier?
Nebivolol may cross the blood brain barrier in small amounts.