Substitutes for BALSACOL
No substitutes found for this medicine
Medicine Overview of BALSACOL CAPSULE
Side effects of BALSACOL CAPSULE
Nausea, Headache, Diarrhoea, Abdominal pain.
How to use BALSACOL CAPSULE
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Balsacol 750mg capsule with food.
How BALSACOL CAPSULE works
Balsacol 750mg capsule blocks the release of chemical messengers that cause inflammation of the lining of the intestines.
In Depth Information on BALSACOL CAPSULE
Expert advice for BALSACOL CAPSULE
- Balsalazide is for short-term use only. Do not take this medication for > 8 weeks in children (5-17 years) and > 12 weeks in adults unless advised.
- Tell your doctor if you have or had liver or kidney disease or pyloric stenosis (a condition in which the stomach empties slowly).
- Balsalazide may sometimes worsen the colitis symptoms causing fever, stomach pain, cramps, or bloody diarrhea. Seek immediate medical advice if you experience any such symptoms.
- Do not use balsalazide capsules in children < 5 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking balsalazide, call your doctor immediately.
Special precautions for BALSACOL 750MG CAPSULE
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Balsacol 750mg capsule is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
There is no interaction between driving and consuming this drug. So dose alteration is not needed.
Caution should be used in patients with renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
PURINETONE 50MG TABLET, AZAP 50MG TABLET, AZOPRINE 50MG TABLET, THIOPRESS 50MG TABLET
If you miss a dose of Balsalazide, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for BALSACOL 750MG CAPSULE
Frequently asked questions for Balsalazide
Q. Does balsalazide cause weight gain?
Yes, balsalazide may cause weight gain
Q. Does balsalazide contain sulfa?
No, Balsalazide does not contain sulfa
Q. Does balsalazide contain mesalamine?
No it does not contain mesalamine but it is a prodrug that is enzymatically cleaved in the colon to produce mesalamine
Q. Is balsalazide a sulfa drug/ an immunosuppressant/a steroid/NSAID/a mesalamine?
Balsalazide is an anti-inflammatory drug and releases mesalamine in the large intestine
Q. Does Balsalazide work?
Balsalazide works inside the intestines (bowel) to reduce the inflammation and other symptoms of the disease called ulcerative colitis
Q. Is balsalazide better than asacol?
In patients with acute ulcerative colitis, balsalazide led to greater remission rates and tolerance than asacol (mesalamine). Balsalazide is more effective and better tolerated than mesalamine as a treatment for acute ulcerative colitis.