food interaction for AVAXIM
alcohol interaction for AVAXIM
pregnancy interaction for AVAXIM
lactation interaction for AVAXIM
medicine interaction for AVAXIM
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR AVAXIM
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR AVAXIMNo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR AVAXIM
- Inform your doctor before taking the vaccine if you have a weakened immune system due to cancer, use of anti-cancer drugs, dialysis or HIV infection.
- Inform your doctor if you have problems with blood clotting or if you have hepatitis A infection or live in an area prone to hepatitis A infection.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if you experience dizziness or headache after taking hepatitis A vaccine.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to hepatitis A or any other vaccines or any of its ingredients
- Do not take if suffering with fever or bleeding disorders.
Frequently asked questions FOR AVAXIM
Q. Is hepatitis A infection curable?
No. Hepatitis A infection is not curable. In most cases, treatment is not required. However, the symptoms of hepatitis A can be controlled
Q. Is hepatitis A infection fatal or life-threatening?
No. Hepatitis A infection usually does not cause liver disease. But in some cases, it may lead to acute liver failure which can be life-threatening
Q. Is hepatitis A infection contagious?
Yes. Hepatitis A virus infection is contagious
Q. Does it spread through saliva or sharing of food?
It spreads only if a person comes in contact with the feces (stools) of the infected person
Q. Does hepatitis A vaccine cause fever?
Mild fever may occur after hepatitis A vaccine administration . Contact your doctor if your fever worsens or does not go away
Q. Is hepatitis A vaccine necessary?
Although not mandatory, hepatitis A vaccine is recommended for children (18 months-2 years) in India and adults who do not live in hepatitis A prevalent area.