Information about Cyclophosphamide
How Cyclophosphamide works
Cyclophosphamide is an anti-cancer medication. It is an alkylating agent which works by damaging the genetic material (DNA and RNA) of the cancer cells, thereby stopping their growth and multiplication. This is how it works against cancer.
Common side effects of Cyclophosphamide
Hair loss, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Vomiting, Nausea, Diarrhea, Infection, Myelosuppression, Decreased white blood cell count (lymphocytes), Cystitis, Microhematuria
Available Medicine for Cyclophosphamide
Endoxan NZydus Cadila
₹72 to ₹2803 variant(s)
₹42 to ₹1748 variant(s)
CycloxanBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹44 to ₹1684 variant(s)
CyclocelCelon Laboratories Ltd
₹35 to ₹1133 variant(s)
ChophosIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹45 to ₹1503 variant(s)
PhosmidNeon Laboratories Ltd
₹25 to ₹794 variant(s)
OncomideKhandelwal Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹16 to ₹993 variant(s)
CycrameMiracalus Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹30 to ₹1103 variant(s)
CydoxanAlkem Laboratories Ltd
UniphosUnited Biotech Pvt Ltd
₹30 to ₹1073 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cyclophosphamide
- Cyclophosphamide helps in the treatment of cancer.
- Drink plenty of fluids or urinate frequently to prevent urinary problems while taking this medication.
- Take it with food if you experience irritation of the stomach, preferably in the morning.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests to monitor your blood counts while on treatment with this medication.
- You are more likely to get sick or heal slower while taking this medication. Talk to your doctor before getting any vaccines.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you experience difficulty in urinating or blood in urine while on treatment with this medication.
- Do not take Cyclophosphamide if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Use effective contraception method to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.