food interaction for ATOIN
alcohol interaction for ATOIN
pregnancy interaction for ATOIN
lactation interaction for ATOIN
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ATOIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ATOIN
- EPTOIN 50MG TABLET(150 tablet in bottle)Abbott India LtdRs. 0.73/tabletRs. 110.25pay 13% more per tablet
- EPSOLIN 50 MG TABLET(100 tablet in bottle)Zydus CadilaRs. 1.59/tabletRs. 158.52pay 144% more per tablet
- C TOIN 50 MG TABLET(90 tablet in bottle)USV LtdRs. 0.89/tabletRs. 80pay 37% more per tablet
- M TOIN 50MG TABLET(100 tablet in bottle)Medo PharmaRs. 0.17/tabletRs. 17.27save 73% more per tablet
- EPSOD 50MG TABLET(60 tablets in bottle)Shine Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.81/tabletRs. 48.50pay 24% more per tablet
- Dr. Kapil AgarwalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Amit AroraMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Namit GuptaMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Tina AhluwaliaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Isha ShuklaMBBS, MD, DM
Expert advice for ATOIN
- Do not take phenytoin if you are allergic to phenytoin or any of its other ingredient.
- Do not drive or operate machinery immediately after taking phenytoin as it may cause drowsiness.
- Do not stop the medication even if you feel fine, until you are checked by the doctor and told to do so.
- Do not take phenytoin if you have an addiction to alcohol or drug abuse.
- Avoid using phenytoin if you are pregnant or breast-feeding or planning to become pregnant.
- Do not take phenytoin if you have a history of liver disease; vitamin D deficiency or diabetes; mental depression or are having suicidal thoughts.
Frequently asked questions for ATOIN
Q.How does phenytoin work?
Phenytoin is used to control seizures in epilepsy patients. It is used majorly to treat patients who are having surgery in the brain or nervous system. It is used to treat as well as prevent seizures in such patients. Phenytoin belongs to a class of medication call anti-convulsants. It acts by slowing down the electrical activity of the brain
Q.Is phenytoin dialyzable?
Phenytoin is dialyzable
Q.Can it be removed by dialysis?
It can be removed by dialysis
Q.Can I take ibuprofen/aspirin/Tylenol with phenytoin?
Phenytoin is known to interact with ibuprofen/aspirin/Tylenol. It should be combined only on strict advice of the doctor
Q.Does phenytoin cause weight gain/QT prolongation/Gingival hyperplasia/memory loss/ hyponatremia/photosensitivity/hair loss/ make you sleepy/high?
Phenytoin is known to cause gingival hyperplasia/memory loss/ hyponatremia/photosensitivity make you sleepy as side effects. It is not known to cause weight gain/QT prolongation/make you high. Please inform the doctor immediately if you observe side effects.