10 tablets in 1 strip
Medicine Overview of Atarap Tablet
Uses of Atarap Tablet
Atarap 4mg Tablet is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
Side effects of Atarap Tablet
Sleepiness, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Dry mouth, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Parkinsonism, Weight gain, Akathisia, Dystonia, Constipation, Abnormal vision.
How to use Atarap Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Atarap 4mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Atarap Tablet works
Atarap 4mg tablet works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects the thoughts and moods.
In Depth Information on Atarap Tablet
Expert advice for Atarap Tablet
- Take precautions as neuroleptic malignant syndrome (characterized by extreme body temperature, muscle rigidity, altered mental status) and tardive dyskinesia (disorder resulting in involuntary, repetitive body movements) has been reported with the long term use of pimozide.
- If you have a history of a clinically significant low white blood cell or drug induced leukopenia/neutropenia (low white blood cell), you should have your complete blood count (CBC) monitored frequently during the first few months of therapy.
- Use with caution if you are receiving anticonvulsant medication, with a history of seizures, or with EEG abnormalities.
- Your blood electrolyte level (magnesium, potassium) should be regularly monitored.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart problems or a history of irregular heartbeat, liver or kidney problems, a bowel obstruction, an enlarged prostate, or glaucoma, severe diarrhea, difficulty urinating, or high or low blood pressure.
- Do not change your dose or stop taking pimozide, even if you are feeling well, as this may worsen your symptoms.
- Use of pimozide may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or blurred vision; it is advisable to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery under such circumstances till you feel fine.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Avoid drinking alcohol when receiving treatment with pimozide, as it may worsen the side effects.
Special precautions for Atarap 4mg Tablet
Atarap 4mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Atarap 4mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Atarap 4mg Tablet should be used with caution during lactati+more
on. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Atarap 4mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
There is limited information available on the use of Atarap+more
4mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Onabet Powder, Flugee 150mg Tablet, Tramazac HP 50mg Injection, Benadryl Dr Dry Cough Active Relief Syrup
Frequently asked questions for Atarap 4mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Pimozide
Atarap is an antipsychotic that acts by altering the effect of a chemical (dopamine), thereby, decreasing abnormal activity in the brain.