food interaction for ARTEO
alcohol interaction for ARTEO
pregnancy interaction for ARTEO
lactation interaction for ARTEO
medicine interaction for ARTEO
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ARTEO
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ARTEONo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR ARTEO
- Take artemether tablet with food or drink rich in fat such as milk.
- Crush or chew the tablet and swallow it with a glass of water in case of young children.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking artemether because you may feel sleep.
- Do not take artemether if you have severe type of malaria infection.
- Do not take artemether if you are if you are in first 3 months of pregnancy or breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR ARTEO
Q. What is artemether lumefantrine/artemether injection used for?
It is used for treating uncomplicated malaria. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. How effective is artemether?
Artemether is effective at prescribed dose for the particular disease condition as suggested by your doctor
Q. How does artemether lumefantrine work?
Artemether and lumefantrine together work by killing the malarial parasite called Plasmodium falciparum.