Medicine Overview of ARKAMIN TABLET
Uses of ARKAMIN TABLET
Arkamin 100mcg tablet is used in the treatment of hypertension and opioid withdrawal.
Side effects of ARKAMIN TABLET
Headache, Dry mouth, Nausea, Vomiting, Fatigue, Drowsiness, Dizziness, Constipation, Erectile dysfunction, Sleep disorder, Depression, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing).
How to use ARKAMIN TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Arkamin 100mcg tablet at a fixed time.
How ARKAMIN TABLET works
Arkamin 100mcg tablet works by decreasing the levels of certain chemical messengers in the body. As a result, Arkamin 100mcg tablet lowers the blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels.
In Depth Information on ARKAMIN TABLET
Expert advice for ARKAMIN TABLET
- Do not take clonidine, if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to clonidine or any of the other ingredients.
- Do not take clonidine, if you have a slow heart rate due to heart problems.
- Avoid using clonidine, if you are pregnant, likely to get pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- Consult your doctor before taking clonidine, if you have Raynaud’s disease (a problem with circulation to the fingers and toes) or other blood circulation problems, including circulation to the brain; heart or kidney problems; pheochromocytoma (tumor of the adrenal gland); depression; constipation; nerve disorder that causes your hands and feet to feel different (‘altered sensation’).
- Take precaution while taking clonidine, if you are going to have any blood tests as clonidine can affect results relating to your liver.
- Your eyes may get dry whilst taking clonidine, this may be a problem, if you wear contact lenses.
- Do not give clonidine to children younger than 18 years of age.
- Do not drink alcohol while you are taking clonidine as it may increase the effects of alcohol.
- You may feel sleepy or dizzy while taking clonidine. If this happens, be careful while driving or using any machinery.
- Do not stop using clonidine suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
Special precautions for ARKAMIN 100MCG TABLET
Taking Clonidine with alcohol may have additive effects in l+more
owering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate....
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Arkamin 100mcg tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Arkamin 100mcg tablet is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Caution should be used in patients with impaired renal function.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
TRYPTOMER 25MG TABLET, FORXIGA 5MG TABLET, FORXIGA 10MG TABLET, GLI 2MG TABLET
If you miss a dose of Clonidine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for ARKAMIN 100MCG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for Clonidine
Q. Is clonidine a beta blocker/ a benzodiazepine/an ace inhibitor/ a diuretic/an opiate/addictive/ narcotic/ a controlled substance?
Clonidine belongs to a group of medicines called vasodilators. It is not a beta blocker, benzodiazepine, ace inhibitor, diuretic, opiate, addictive, narcotic, a controlled substance
Q. Is clonidine used for anxiety/for sleep/ /for hot flashes/for opiate withdrawal/ clonidine help with methadone withdrawal?
Clonidine is primarily approved to be used as a medication for high blood pressure; it can be also used to treat anxiety, sleep disorders, hot flashes in women. Clonidine is used as a non-narcotic alternative to methadone for reducing withdrawal symptoms in people who are trying to stop taking opiate drugs such as morphine and heroin
Q. Is clonidine safe/ make you tired/ cause weight loss/ get u high/potentiate opiates/ does clonidine cause depression/ cause bradycardia?
Clonidine is safe if taken at recommended dosage and duration. Certain side effects include feeling tired, depression, bradycardia (low blood pressure). It can make you high and may potentiate opiates
Q. Does clonidine come in liquid form?
Clonidine is available in oral liquid form for children treated for attention deficient hyperactivity disorder and other mental disorders.
User Submitted Feedback For ARKAMIN 100MCG TABLET
Patients taking ARKAMIN 100MCG TABLET
Thrice A Day
Twice A Day
Once A Day
Four Times A Day
How effective is this medicine?
Do you find this medicine expensive?