Information about Voglibose
Voglibose is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes. It is used along with diet and exercise to improve blood sugar control in adults with type 2 diabetes.
How voglibose works
Voglibose is an anti-diabetic medication. It inhibits an enzyme that helps in conversion of carbohydrates to glucose. This slows down carbohydrate digestion/absorption thereby preventing increase in blood glucose after meals.
Common side effects of voglibose
Skin rash, Flatulence, Abdominal pain, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Voglibose
- ₹87 to ₹119Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹131 to ₹264Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹226Abbott4 variant(s)
- ₹51 to ₹228Mankind Pharma Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹77 to ₹105USV Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹88 to ₹131Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹84 to ₹149Medley Pharmaceuticals3 variant(s)
- ₹78 to ₹179Lupin Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹123 to ₹286Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹96Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
Expert advice for Voglibose
- Voglibose is used together with other diabetes medicines to control blood sugar and avoid long-term complications.
- You should continue to exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, and take your other diabetes medicines along with Voglibose.
- Voglibose lowers your post-meal blood sugar levels. Therefore, it should be taken just before meals.
- Side effects such as stomach pain, gas, and diarrhea may occur during the first few weeks of treatment but should get better with time.
Frequently asked questions for Voglibose
Q. Can I use Voglibose for weight loss?
No, Voglibose is not approved for weight loss. It can cause weight loss on prolonged use. Weight loss occurs because it inhibits carbohydrate digestion and delays gastric emptying. It is mainly used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus with postprandial hyperglycemia.
Q. Which class of drug does Voglibose belong to?
Voglibose belongs to the class of drug known as an alpha-glucosidase inhibitor which prevents carbohydrate digestion.