Information about Voglibose
Voglibose is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. It is used along with diet and exercise to improve blood sugar control in adults with type 2 diabetes.
How voglibose works
Voglibose is an anti-diabetic medicine. It inhibits the intestinal enzymes responsible for breaking complex sugars into simple sugars such as glucose. This prevents blood glucose levels from rising very high immediately after meals.
Common side effects of voglibose
Skin rash, Flatulence, Abdominal pain, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Voglibose
- ₹92 to ₹125Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹138 to ₹264Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹249Abbott4 variant(s)
- ₹56 to ₹250Mankind Pharma Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹77 to ₹105USV Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹97 to ₹215Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹92 to ₹162Medley Pharmaceuticals3 variant(s)
- ₹78 to ₹216Lupin Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹123 to ₹315Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹21 to ₹96Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
Expert advice for Voglibose
- Voglibose is used together with other diabetes medicines to control blood sugar and avoid long-term complications.
- You should continue to exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, and take your other diabetes medicines along with Voglibose.
- Voglibose lowers your post-meal blood sugar levels. Therefore, it should be taken before meals.
- Side effects such as stomach pain, gas, and diarrhea may occur during the first few weeks of treatment but should get better with time.
Frequently asked questions for Voglibose
Q. Does Voglibose cause weight loss?
There is evidence that normal doses of Voglibose does not cause significant weight loss. However, very high doses of this medicine can affect the absorption of food, thereby causing weight loss. Do not take this medication for weight loss as it is not approved for treatment of obesity. Do consult your doctor before starting this medication.
Q. How should you take Voglibose?
Voglibose is usually prescribed to be taken orally three times daily immediately before each meal. Voglibose may be given along with a controlled diet. However, in case Voglibose does not work alone, it may be given along with a proper diet and other antidiabetic medicines. Your doctor may further increase your doses if the given doses do not provide sufficient control over the blood sugar levels. Do not take this medication by yourself and consult your doctor before starting this medication.