Information about Clonidine
Clonidine is used in the treatment of hypertension and Opioid withdrawal.
How clonidine works
Clonidine works by decreasing the levels of certain chemical messengers in the body. As a result, Clonidine lowers the blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels.
Common side effects of clonidine
Headache, Dry mouth, Nausea, Vomiting, Fatigue, Drowsiness, Dizziness, Constipation, Erectile dysfunction, Sleep disorder, Depression, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
Available Medicine for Clonidine
- ₹45Unichem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹47Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹8Consern Pharma P Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹98Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹20Biokindle Lifesciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Clonidine
- Do not take clonidine, if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to clonidine or any of the other ingredients.
- Do not take clonidine, if you have a slow heart rate due to heart problems.
- Avoid using clonidine, if you are pregnant, likely to get pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- Consult your doctor before taking clonidine, if you have Raynaud’s disease (a problem with circulation to the fingers and toes) or other blood circulation problems, including circulation to the brain; heart or kidney problems; pheochromocytoma (tumor of the adrenal gland); depression; constipation; nerve disorder that causes your hands and feet to feel different (‘altered sensation’).
- Take precaution while taking clonidine, if you are going to have any blood tests as clonidine can affect results relating to your liver.
- Your eyes may get dry whilst taking clonidine, this may be a problem, if you wear contact lenses.
- Do not give clonidine to children younger than 18 years of age.
- Do not drink alcohol while you are taking clonidine as it may increase the effects of alcohol.
- You may feel sleepy or dizzy while taking clonidine. If this happens, be careful while driving or using any machinery.
- Do not stop using clonidine suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.