Medicine Overview of Anaero Gel
Uses of Metronidazole Topical
It is used in vaginal infections.
Side effects of Metronidazole Topical
Skin redness, Dryness, Burn, Irritation, Stinging sensation.
How to use Metronidazole Topical
How Anaero Gel works
Uses of Nicotinamide
Side effects of Nicotinamide
Rash, Abnormal liver function tests, Allergic sensitization, Blurred vision, Diarrhoea, Dizziness, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Gastrointestinal discomfort, Vomiting, Nausea, Headache, Liver toxicity, Increased glucose level in blood.
How to use Nicotinamide
How Anaero Gel works
In Depth Information on Anaero Gel
Expert advice for Metronidazole Topical
- Do not engage in vaginal intercourse while on treatment with metronidazole intravaginal gel.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight and wear protective clothing, sunglasses or apply sunscreen before stepping out in the sun as this drug may increase the sensitivity to sunlight.
- Avoid direct contact of cream with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to metronidazole or any of its ingredients.
Expert advice for Nicotinamide
- Do not use nicotinamide in children.
- Caution should be observed if large doses are prescribed in patients with a history of jaundice, liver disease, or diabetes mellitus.
- Do not take nicotinamide along with fibrates (e.g. Clofibrate) and statins (e.g. Simvastatin) as it may cause rhabdomyolysis.
- Do not take nicotinamide along with alcohol.
- Caution should be taken in the use of supplements containing copper, which may cause severe heart defects (second or third degree heart blocks) in patients with chronic liver or renal failure.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking, have recently taken, or might take any other medicines.
The baby's skin should not come into direct contact with the treated area of skin. Water-miscible cream/gel is preferred as ointments may expose the baby to harmful effects of Anaero Gel via licking.
Cautious use of Anaero Gel is advised in patients with kidney disease as the information available is very limited.
Use of Anaero Gel is not recommended in patients with active liver disease.