food interaction for AMEDIL
alcohol interaction for AMEDIL
pregnancy interaction for AMEDIL
lactation interaction for AMEDIL
medicine interaction for AMEDIL
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR AMEDIL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR AMEDIL
- ANSET 8MG INJECTION(4 ML injection in vial)Bennet Pharmaceuticals LimitedRs. 7.69/ML of injectionRs. 30.75pay 37% more per ML of injection
- ZOFER 8 MG INJECTION(4 injections in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 8.30/injectionRs. 33.22pay 48% more per injection
- NUSET 8 MG INJECTION(4 ML injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 2.50/ML of injectionRs. 10save 56% more per ML of injection
- NEOMIT 8 MG INJECTION 4 ML(1 injection in vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 17.50/injectionRs. 17.50pay 211% more per injection
- TROYSET 8MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Troikaa Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 13.50/ML of injectionRs. 27pay 140% more per ML of injection
Expert advice FOR AMEDIL
- Take Ondansetron 30 minutes before your food.
- If you vomit within 30 minutes after taking the Ondansetron, take the same amount again. If vomiting continues, check with your doctor.
- If Ondansetron is used for a short duration, for e.g. 6 -10 days, the risk of side-effects is minimal (well-tolerated).
- You can use oral disintegrating film/strip (medicated strip that dissolves when comes in contact with a wet surface) form of the Ondansetron if you are nauseous to swallow a tablet or capsule.
- If you are using Ondansetron in the form of oral disintegrating film/strip:
- Make sure your hands are dry.
- Immediately place the film/strip on the top of the tongue.
- The film/strip will dissolve in seconds and you can swallow it with your saliva.
- You do not need to drink water or other liquids to swallow the film/strip.
Frequently asked questions FOR AMEDIL
Q. What is Emset/ondem/Vomikind/Zafran/ Ranidom used for?
Emset/Ondem/Vomikind/Zafran are some of the brand names of ondansetron, which is used to treat nausea and vomiting. Ranidom is a brand containing the active ingredient Esomeprazole, which is used to treat acidity
Q. Can I take ondansetron for nausea/vomiting/stomach flu/food poisoning/motion sickness/diarrhea/pain?
Ondansetron can be taken for nausea, vomiting or motion sickness if prescribed by your doctor. It is not used to treat food poisoning, pain or stomach flu
Q. Can I take ondansetron with Tylenol/Pepto bismol/azithromycin/ xanax/ vicodin/ oxycodone/ hydrocodone?
There is no evidence of interaction of ondansetron with Tylenol (paracetamol)/Pepto bismol (bismuth salicylate)/azithromycin/ Xanax (alprazolam)/ Vicodin (aspirin and hydrocodone)/oxycodone/hydrocodone. However, please consult your doctor before use
Q. Can ondansetron make you sleepy?
Ondansetron may cause sleepiness/dizziness. If you notice such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q. Does ondansetron contain acetaminophen/aspirin/penicillin?
No. Ondansetron is by itself a chemical compound. It does not contain acetaminophen, aspirin or penicillin
Q. Is ondansetron antibiotic/anti-histaminic/sulfa drug?
No. Ondansetron is not an anti-biotic, sulfa drug or an anti-histaminic. It is an anti-emetic drug used to treat nausea and vomiting
Q. Is Emeset safe for infants/toddlers?
Emeset should not be used in infants/toddlers unless prescribed by the doctor
Q. Is Ondansetron an OTC drug?
No. Ondansetron is a prescription drug. It is not available over the counter
Q. Is ondansetron a controlled substance?
No. Ondansetron is not a controlled substance.