food interaction for ALTHROCIN
alcohol interaction for ALTHROCIN
pregnancy interaction for ALTHROCIN
lactation interaction for ALTHROCIN
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ALTHROCIN
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ALTHROCIN 500 MG TABLET
Patients taking ALTHROCIN 500 MG TABLET
- 55%Twice A Day
- 27%Once A Day
- 18%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for ALTHROCIN
- ERYTHROCIN 500MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Pfizer LtdRs. 5.51/tabletRs. 55.14save 14% more per tablet
- ELTOCIN 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 3.02/tabletRs. 30.22save 53% more per tablet
- ELTOCIN DS 500MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 6.43/tabletRs. 96.40same price
- ERYTHROKEM 500MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 4.19/tabletRs. 41.87save 35% more per tablet
- ERYTHRO 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.99/tabletRs. 19.87save 69% more per tablet
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Anita SethiMBBS, MD, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Vandana SarohaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Ira ChopraMBBS, MS
- Dr. Prem VardhanMBBS, MS, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for ALTHROCIN
- If you are allergic to erythromycin or any other ingredient of the tablet/capsule/suspension.
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- If you have liver or heart problem or suffer from myasthenia gravis.
- If you are taking medicines for any allergic condition, migraine, raised bad lipids in your blood, drugs for mental illness, epilepsy or heart failure.
Frequently asked questions for ALTHROCIN
Q.Is erythromycin/althrocin/erythrocin/erycin an antibiotic?
Erythromycin belongs to class of medications called macrolide antibiotics
Q.Is it penicillin?
Erythromycin is not penicillin
Q.Does erythromycin have sulfa in it?
Erythromycin does not contain sulfa
Q.Is erythromycin used for sinus infection, pink eye, strep throat, UTI, bladder infection, tooth infection, ear infection, chest infection or tonsillitis?
Erythromycin can be used to treat sinus infection, pink eye, strep throat, UTI, bladder infection, tooth infection, ear infection, chest infection or tonsillitis. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Is erythromycin and azithromycin the same?
Erythromycin and azithromycin belongs to same class of drugs, however they differ in their some of the indications
Q.Is erythromycin safe?
Erythromycin is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is erythromycin over the counter drug?
Erythromycin is not an over the counter drug. It is a prescription drug
Q.Can I take erythromycin with paracetamol, ibuprofen, methotrexate or vitamins?
Interaction is not observed, when erythromycin is taken with paracetamol, ibuprofen and vitamins however do consult your doctor before use. Drug interaction may occur when methotrexate is taken with erythromycin
Q.Does erythromycin cause gas, weight gain, and drowsiness?
Erythromycin may cause gas, weight gain and drowsiness.