Substitutes for Aloxy
No substitutes found for this medicine
Medicine Overview of Aloxy Capsule
Side effects of Aloxy Capsule
Fatigue, Headache, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Injection site allergic reaction, Constipation.
How to use Aloxy Capsule
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Aloxy Capsule at a fixed time.
How Aloxy Capsule works
Aloxy capsule inhibits the action of serotonin, a chemical messenger that can trigger nausea and vomiting.
In Depth Information on Aloxy Capsule
Expert advice for Aloxy Capsule
- Take Aloxy 30 minutes before your food.
- If you vomit within 30 minutes after taking the Aloxy, take the same amount again. If vomiting continues, check with your doctor.
- If Aloxy is used for a short duration, for e.g. 6 -10 days, the risk of side-effects is minimal (well-tolerated).
- You can use oral disintegrating film/strip (medicated strip that dissolves when comes in contact with a wet surface) form of the Aloxy if you are nauseous to swallow a tablet or capsule.
- If you are using Aloxy in the form of oral disintegrating film/strip:
- Make sure your hands are dry.
- Immediately place the film/strip on the top of the tongue.
- The film/strip will dissolve in seconds and you can swallow it with your saliva.
- You do not need to drink water or other liquids to swallow the film/strip.
Special precautions for Aloxy Capsule
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Aloxy Capsule is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Aloxy Capsule is safe to use during lactation. Human studie+more
s have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Aloxy Capsule may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Aloxy Capsule is safe to use in patients with kidney disease+more
. No dose adjustment of Aloxy Capsule is recommended....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Tramazac HP 50mg Injection, Benadryl Dr Dry Cough Active Relief Syrup, Hytram 100mg Injection, Postadol 100mg Injection
If you miss a dose of Palonosetron, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Aloxy NA Capsule
Frequently asked questions for Palonosetron
Aloxy hydrochloride or Aloxy is a serotonin (5HT3) antagonist
Q. What is it used for?
Palonosetron hydrochloride or palonosetron is a serotonin (5HT3) antagonist used to prevent moderate to severe nausea and vomiting induced by cancer chemotherapy. It may also be used to prevent nausea and vomiting for up to 24 hours following a surgery (postoperative nausea and vomiting)
Aloxy belongs to a class of antiemetic medications called serotonin (5HT3) antagonists. It binds to special sites called serotonin 5HT3 receptors and blocks the action of serotonin, a naturally released chemical in the body that triggers nausea and vomiting.