Medicine Overview of Alerkim Tablet
Side effects of Alerkim Tablet
Electrolyte imbalance, Redistribution/accumulation of body fat, Bone degradation, Increased risk of infection, Muscle disorders, Increased blood pressure, Altered bone growth, Skin scar, Behavioural changes, Cataract, Increased glucose level in blood.
How to use Alerkim Tablet
Avoid Alerkim Tablet with dietary sodium.
How Alerkim Tablet works
In Depth Information on Alerkim Tablet
Expert advice for Alerkim Tablet
- Take betamethasone tablet by mouth with food or milk to prevent stomach upset.
- Do not take betamethasone tablets If you are allergic to betamethasone or any of the other ingredients of the tablet.
- Do not take betamethasone tablets If you have an infection and have not yet started taking medicine (e.g. antibiotics) to treat it.
- Do not use betamethasone cream if you are allergic to betamethasone or any of the other ingredients in this medicine.
- Do not use the cream on your face repetitively for more than 5 days.
- Do not use a large amount of cream continuously on large areas of the body since it can affect your hormones.
- Excessive usage of cream in children might affect their growth and development.
- Don’t apply the cream near your eyes.
- Don’t swallow the cream, it is not meant for internal use.
- Don’t use the cream under plaster or bandage.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Milk secretion may decrease.
However, a regular monitoring of kidney function test may be advised while you are taking this medicine.