Medicine Overview of Acnewar Gel
Uses of Acnewar Gel
Acnewar 5% Gel is used in the treatment of acne.
Side effects of Acnewar Gel
Oily skin, Dry skin, Application site redness, Skin exfoliation.
How to use Acnewar Gel
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Apply it on the affected area and allow it to stay before spitting or rinsing.
How Acnewar Gel works
Acnewar 5% gel is an antibiotic. It works by stopping the production of folic acid in bacteria, therefore stopping them growing.
In Depth Information on Acnewar Gel
Expert advice for Acnewar Gel
- Before application, wash the affected area of the skin and dry with a clean towel.
- Wash your hands after application of dapsone on affected area.
- Avoid direct contact of lotion or shampoo with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you have glucose‐6‐phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (a birth defect) or high levels of methemoglobin in blood (methemoglobinemia).
- Seek immediate medical help if your lips, nail beds, or the inside of your mouth turn grey or blue.
- Seek immediate medical help if you observe any of these symptoms while on dapsone therapy: back pain, shortness of breath, tiredness, weakness, dark brown urine, fever, yellow, pale skin.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to dapsone or any of its ingredients or sulfa drugs.
- It sholud not given to patients with porphyria (a rare hereditary disease in which there is abnormal metabolism of the blood pigment haemoglobin).
Special precautions for Acnewar 5% Gel
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Acnewar 5% Gel may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Acnewar 5% Gel is safe to use during lactation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.+more
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area....
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area.
Acnewar 5% Gel does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Acnewar+more
5% Gel in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Dapsone Topical, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Acnewar 5% Gel
Frequently asked questions for Dapsone Topical
Q. Is dapsone a steroid, retinoid, immunosuppressant or sulfa drug?
Dapsone is a sulfa drug
Q. Does dapsone topical work?
Dapsone gel is used topically for the treatment of acne (pimples).
User Submitted Feedback For Acnewar 5% Gel
Patients taking Acnewar 5% Gel
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Thrice A Day
How effective is this medicine?
Substitutes for Acnewar Gel
Acnesone 5% Gel
Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹2.36/gm of Gel