Information about Rifabutin
Rifabutin is used in the treatment of tuberculosis and tuberculosis with HIV infection.
How rifabutin works
Rifabutin is an antibiotic. It works by killing the bacteria that cause infections.
Common side effects of rifabutin
Decreased white blood cell count, Anemia, Nausea, Rash, Muscle pain
Available Medicine for Rifabutin
- ₹364Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Rifabutin
- Taking rifabutin may change the color of your urine to red/orange. You may also experience coloring of the skin and other body fluids and also of soft contact lenses.
- You may be regularly monitored with blood tests and chest x-rays to check that you do not have active tuberculosis or any other mycobacterial disease.
- You may also undergo regular eye examination while using rifabutin.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop sudden wheeziness, difficulty in breathing, pain in the chest, swelling of eyelids, face or lips, rash or itching.
- Use non hormonal birth control techniques (condom, diaphragm with spermicide) to prevent pregnancy, as rifabutin can make birth control pills less effective.