Medicine Overview of Acnesone Gel
Acnesone Gel is used in the treatment of acne
Oily skin, Dry skin, Application site redness, Skin exfoliation.
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Apply it on the affected area and allow it to stay before spitting or rinsing.
Acnesone Gel is an antibiotic. It works by stopping the production of folic acid in bacteria, therefore stopping them growing.
In Depth Information on Acnesone Gel
- Before application, wash the affected area of the skin and dry with a clean towel.
- Wash your hands after application of dapsone on affected area.
- Avoid direct contact of lotion or shampoo with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you have glucose‐6‐phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (a birth defect) or high levels of methemoglobin in blood (methemoglobinemia).
- Seek immediate medical help if your lips, nail beds, or the inside of your mouth turn grey or blue.
- Seek immediate medical help if you observe any of these symptoms while on dapsone therapy: back pain, shortness of breath, tiredness, weakness, dark brown urine, fever, yellow, pale skin.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to dapsone or any of its ingredients or sulfa drugs.
- It sholud not given to patients with porphyria (a rare hereditary disease in which there is abnormal metabolism of the blood pigment haemoglobin).
Acnesone Gel related warnings
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Acnesone Gel may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Acnesone Gel is probably safe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
The baby's skin should not come into direct contact with the treated area of skin. Water-miscible cream/gel is preferred as ointments may expose the baby to harmful effects of Acnesone Gel via licking.
Acnesone Gel does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Acnesone Gel is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Acnesone Gel may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Acnesone Gel is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Acnesone Gel may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
If you miss a dose of Acnesone Gel, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
User Submitted Feedback For Acnesone Gel
What are you using Acnesone Gel for?
Survey Participants: 3
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Acnesone Gel. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Frequently asked questions about Acnesone Gel
Q. Is dapsone a steroid, retinoid, immunosuppressant or sulfa drug?
Dapsone is a sulfa drug
Q. Does dapsone topical work?
Dapsone gel is used topically for the treatment of acne (pimples).
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Acnesone Gel: ZVP, NWP, WHL, HBV, UMP, DVH, MMS, PWN, MAX, SGC, ZPR, BTM, RHL, INC, GPT, QTM, DZY, CLT, RPP, VRS, NSL, FGH, PEN, PPR, OIP, NAS, BIO, TFP, MLC, ARD, GPP, AYM, SPD, DFP, JHC, RKS, DYG, BHM, UBL, MPC, MAK, AVS, ATL, PTI, BMJ, SDM, SYN, RHW, KIS, NNP, MSD, SWP, PVP, RDR, 9T9, MAM, NDP, NXG, CHP, SSA, MAP, PNT, BSN, LCC, SGH, OLT, DHP, RWP, RDH, NVY, HTS, ATP, OWP, KMC, HMP, JSL, RPI, LMS, JVO, BLS, BHS, GTC, TOM, SBA, SMN, AGT, ENP, MDO, SWA, HSP, ABP, P2P, VJS, ANT, IPL, EPS, BLE, USF, DGN, ADT, PMA, HPC, SVH, NNH, BAP, SVS, AMR, JBT, ZEL, NVL, RUS, SHD, MDH, DHR, BGS, DAO, LHA, EQN, SCH, HIP, EVP, VDH, ESY, PRN, QLF, BHP, SHC, RSS, HEX, BDN, THP, WSI, AAR, AWS, DPP, SAF, GHR, KHC, IAD, HAT, GTK, SJP, GNC, SRG, RJH, BAL, JVN, TRP, OHM, HNP, NTB, PLT, GBL, TNH, AAY, VNS, SBL, BBS, AYU, HZF, HGI, RSA, STA, SLN, JIV, EMB, KHH