Clofazimine is used in the treatment of leprosy
How it works
Clofazimine stops the growth of bacteria in the body.
Common side effects
Vomiting, Nausea, Diarrhoea, Loss of appetite, Rash, Itching, Scaling of skin, Skin discolouration, Eye discolouration
- ₹14 to ₹26Abbott India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹14Lark Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹14 to ₹22P & B Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹26Genetiac Pharma1 variant(s)
- ₹124 to ₹205Astra Zeneca2 variant(s)
- Keep taking clofazimine for the full course of treatment, even if you begin to feel better after a few months.
- Do not get exposed to sunlight even for a brief period of time as clofazimine may cause your skin to become more sensitive to sunlight.
- Use of clofazimine may cause pink or red to brownish-black discoloration of the skin within few weeks.
- Take precautions while taking clofazimine as it may cause some stomach upset, but on rare occasion it may also cause severe, sharp abdominal pain and burning.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as clofazimine may cause dizziness and drowsiness.