Medicine Overview of ACETEN TABLET
Side effects of ACETEN TABLET
Decreased blood pressure, Cough, Increased potassium level in blood, Fatigue, Weakness, Dizziness, Renal impairment.
How to use ACETEN TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Aceten 25mg tablet empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How ACETEN TABLET works
Aceten 25mg tablet relaxes the blood vessels which lowers the blood pressure and also reduces the workload of the heart. As a result, the heart works more efficiently.
In Depth Information on ACETEN TABLET
Expert advice for ACETEN TABLET
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant during the administration of this medicine.
- Notify the doctor if you have signs of recurrent infections (sore throat, chills, fever), these may be signs of neutropenia (unusually low number of cells called neutrophils, a type of white blood cells).
- Captopril should be discontinued a day prior to any surgery.
- Notify your doctor if you have rapid swelling of the lips, tongue, and throat that may affect breathing. This may occur in 1 out of 100 patients taking the Captopril.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- A persistent dry cough is common with Captopril. Notify the doctor if the cough becomes bothersome. Do not take any cough medicines.
- Captopril may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment, especially after the first dose. To avoid this, take the Captopril at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving if you feel dizzy after consuming Captopril.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
Special precautions for ACETEN 25MG TABLET
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Aceten 25mg tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Aceten 25mg tablet is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Caution should be advised in patients with severe renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
TACSANT 0.5MG CAPSULE, HEPLOCK 10IU INJECTION, AVERY 300MG TABLET, SILYBON 35MG SUSPENSION
If you miss a dose of Captopril, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for ACETEN 25MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for Captopril
Q. Is captopril a controlled substance/betablocker/an ACE inhibitor?
Captopril belongs to a class of medication called as angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. It is not a controlled substance or betablocker
Q. Does captopril contain sulfa?
No, it does not contain sulfa
Q. Does captopril interact with anesthesia?
No it is not known to interact with anesthesia
Q. Does captopril lower heart rate?
Captopril lowers blood pressure and it does not lower the heart rate. However, increase in potassium levels due to captopril treatment (a known side effect) can cause lowering of heart rate.