BY DR. KHOOBSURAT NAJMA
What is Tooth Decay?
Tooth decay and cavities are among the world’s most common oral health problems. It is most often seen in children, teenagers and older adults.
Tooth decay is caused by a breakdown of the white part of tooth called enamel. Tooth decay usually occurs due to a bacterial infection that causes destruction of the hard tissues in the teeth.
Some common symptoms include toothache, increased tooth sensitivity, mild to sharp pain while eating or drinking, visible holes or pits in the infected teeth, and black or brown stains on the tooth’s surface.
Good Oral Hygiene
- Brush your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day using fluoride containing toothpaste.
- Use a dental floss to clean between your teeth at least once a day
- Eat nutritious and balanced meals and limit junk food.
- Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings (scaling) and oral examination for early detection of decay
Some Quick Tips:
- Use a fluoride containing toothpaste. Fluoride makes the tooth enamel stronger and less likely to suffer acid damage. It can also reverse the early stages of acid damage by rebuilding areas that have started to decay.
- Rinse your mouth with salt water. Salt is a natural antibacterial agent and helps in removing excess bacteria and restoring oral health.
- Use a chlorhexidine mouthwash for 3-5 weeks to prevent bacterial overgrowth.
- Local application of clove oil, turmeric, tulsi or neem help in relieving toothache.
- Eating raw garlic and amla regularly can also provide pain relief.
- Have sugar-free gum after meals at work. This helps in producing saliva, which neutralizes the acid in your mouth and prevents tooth decay.
To know more useful Information like this, Visit 1mg, India’s best online pharmacy store.
this app is so good
Very good information provided bu this aplp. It really helps us to improve our health. Very nice App.
like the khowledge given about teeth care
Wow awsome …
Thanks for your valuble report
Very good, helps a lot, pl educate us on different health concern
Very good suggestion to keep our theeth in good condition
Really a good app 2 keep ourselves healthy n fit…
Very nice …
Very Very informative & useful app.
Use ful information about tooth decay.
Very good information. Please update on all aspects of health.
Now I am following this,good advice everyone should use ,it maks us bright tooth and gd health
Good advise..prevention is better than cure.
Very good information pl send regularly
Very helpful information
Ooh…. Nice information.
Good to remind these basic tips.
Very helpful tips….thak u for ur informations….
So nice information.This is my favorite app now. Thanks team.
Useful information Thanks
I love this app
This app is so good
Very usefull. Thanks
Very useful tips there are many things that we know but forget. Your tips are simple and easy to do.
Thanks, this app Is knowledge booster n very helpful
Thanx for this ,underwent a dental surgery few days ago.
will keep these things in mind
Thanks for information. .
Nyc…also gv information about pimples
This app is good!
Pingback: 1 Tip a day to keep diseases away | 1mg Capsules
Pingback: 7 Amazing Health benefits of Aloe Vera (Ghritkumari) | 1mg Capsules
Pingback: Painful Mouth Ulcer? Here Is What You Should Do – 1mg Capsules
Pingback: No Brushing Off: 5 Common Brushing Mistakes You Make Daily – 1mg Capsules