By Dr. Mom Das
Do you or any of your friends or family suffer from poor eyesight?
How can I improve my vision naturally?
- Foods that improve eyesight are: Carrot, Eggs, Milk, Apricots, Grapes, Salad, Fish, Fish Oils , flax seed, Nuts, Soya products, Lemons, Spinach, Cabbage.
- Follow the 10-10-10 rule. Look at something 10 feet away for 10 seconds for every 10 minutes you spend working on the computer.
- Ensure that you blink your eyes several times a day.
- Close eyes tightly and then open. Repeat this eye exercise for 5 times a day.
- Move your eyes in anti-clockwise and clockwise direction 5 times daily.
What do i do if I already have glasses?
Laser therapy has come up as a solution for those who want to get rid of their glasses. The most common laser procedure is called LASIK. In LASIK, LASER beams are used instead of blades
Who can go for laser surgery?
- Patients aged 18 and above.
- Patients with stable refractive correction ( not more than 0.5D) in last one year duration.
- Patients with power correction equal to more than +/-0.75D.
What is done in the laser surgery?
- The power of the eye and structure of cornea is studied before surgery.
- Laser is used to raise a very thin flap of cornea.
- Fine cuts are made on specific points of cornea for reshaping the cornea.
- The corneal flap is placed back.
What happens after surgery?
The patient can go home the same day. Antibiotic and steroid drops are prescribed for about a week. There may be some sensitivity to light and difficulty in night vision in the first week (or more), but it gradually subsides.
Pros of laser surgery
- Very fast healing and visual recovery.
- Minimal side effects.
- No or minimal pain during procedure.
Cons of laser surgery
- There is no surety of gaining accurate 100% vision as 20/20 or 6/6. One may still need a small refraction spectacle correction.
- This does not correct presbyopia (need for glasses for reading beyond the age of 40 years). Reading glasses will still be needed.
- This is a permanent corneal reshaping procedure; so if you are unsure try contact lenses before opting for laser therapy.
To know more useful Information like this, Visit 1mg, India’s leading online pharmacy