Muskmelon is one of the popular fruits of the summer season. This pulpy fruit not only provides wonderful rest from the heat by keeping you hydrated, but is also packed with a dozen health benefits.
However, while relishing this fleshy pastel fruit, have you been throwing away the seeds laden with nutrition? You would be surprised to know that a 100 g serving of muskmelon seeds has approximately 7% carbohydrates, 2% proteins, and <1% of fats. In addition, these seeds are loaded with vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, C, E, K, niacin, zinc, magnesium, etc.
When consumed on a regular basis, they can benefit your health in the following ways:
1. Lower your blood pressure: Muskmelon seeds are rich in potassium which helps in reducing the blood pressure, thereby keeping the heart healthy.
2. Good for your eyes: The high amounts of vitamin A and beta carotene in muskmelon seeds help sharpen eye sight as well as reduce the risk of developing cataracts.
3. Keep your hair and nails healthy: The high protein content in these seeds aids in the growth of body tissues and promotes the growth of your hair and nails.
4. Strengthen your immune system: Muskmelon seeds contain vitamin C that helps to strengthen immunity by boosting the production of white blood cells in the blood.
5. Beneficial for pregnant females: The good amount of folate in these seeds removes excess sodium, thereby, reducing water retention problems in pregnant females.
6. Relieve stress: You must be wondering how these seeds can relieve your stress. Basically, they increase oxygen flow to the brain, which eventually makes our brain tissues calm and stress-free.
7. Helpful in acidity and constipation: Due to their neutral pH, muskmelon seeds are a blessing for those who often suffer from acid reflux issues or other stomach problems.
8. Maintain a healthy heart: The abundant amount of omega-3 fatty acids in muskmelon seeds take great care of the functioning of your heart and prevent various heart diseases.
9. Keep summer cold at bay: Muskmelon seeds help to fight summer cold. They eliminate excess phlegm from the body and aid in relieving congestion.
Therefore, the next time you gorge on this fleshy fruit, remember to save the seeds. The benefits of these seeds will ensure that you stay healthy during the hot season.