BY DR. KHOOBSURAT NAJMA
Having diabetes does not mean you can’t enjoy the fun and excitement that traveling brings with it. With a little bit of planning you can enjoy your travels to the fullest and keep your diabetes in check.
- Always carry your prescription along while traveling
- Carry at least twice as many medicines and insulin as you usually need
- Always carry extra batteries with your glucometer
- Carry small snacks to help cope with low sugar levels
- Never store insulin in checked luggage, it may be exposed to extreme temperatures
- Check your blood sugar levels regularly
- Do simple stretching exercises in your seat during the flight
- Have small, frequent meals instead of three big meals in a day
- Prefer water, unsweetened teas/ coffee or diet soda to other drinks
- Wear comfortable shoes and never go out bare feet on beaches
Visit 1mg,com, to know more useful information and buy medicine online in India.