Medicine Overview of Zolnite Tablet
Uses of Zolnite Tablet
Zolnite 1mg Tablet is used in the treatment of insomnia.
Side effects of Zolnite Tablet
Sleepiness, Dizziness, Memory impairment, Nervousness, Headache, Altered taste.
How to use Zolnite Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Zolnite 1mg Tablet empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How Zolnite Tablet works
Zolnite 1mg tablet belongs to a group of medicines called sedative-hypnotics. It works by slowing activity of the nerve cells in the brain and helps fall asleep.
In Depth Information on Zolnite Tablet
Expert advice for Zolnite Tablet
- Do not drive or operate machinery immediately after or even on the day after taking eszopiclone (especially for dose of 3 mg) as it may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or blurred vision.
- Tell your doctor if you have or have had a history of depression or other mental or mood disorders, or if you have a history of suicidal thoughts or behaviour, substance/alcohol dependence, severe lung or liver disease.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you observe swelling (angioedema) involving the tongue, glottis or larynx or dyspnea, throat closing, or nausea and vomiting.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you or your family notice any changes in your behavior (e.g., aggression, confusion etc), or if you have any unusual or disturbing thoughts or you are sleep-driving.
- Do not stop taking eszopiclone suddenly as it may cause withdrawal symptoms. Your doctor will taper your dose before stopping it completely.
- Take eszopiclone for short period of time (up to 2 weeks) to avoid developing tolerance (medicine losing effectiveness to help you sleep). When used for longer duration or at high doses there is a risk of developing dependence/addiction.
- Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Zolnite 1mg Tablet
Zolnite 1mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Zolnite 1mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Zolnite 1mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.+more
Baby should be monitored for excessive sleepiness....
Baby should be monitored for excessive sleepiness.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Zolnite 1mg Tablet may impair alertness and motor coordination, including the risk of morning impairment this risk increases with dose and this may affect your ability to drive....
Zolnite 1mg Tablet may impair alertness and motor coordination, including the risk of morning impairment this risk increases with dose and this may affect your ability to drive.
Zolnite 1mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney di+more
sease. No dose adjustment of Zolnite 1mg Tablet is recommended....
Zolnite 1mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Zolnite 1mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Limited information is available on the use of Zolnite 1mg Tablet in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease....
Limited information is available on the use of Zolnite 1mg Tablet in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Flutis 150mg Tablet, Onecan 400mg Tablet, Onitraz 100mg Capsule, AF 150mg Tablet DT
If you miss a dose of Eszopiclone, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Zolnite 1mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Eszopiclone
Q. Is eszopiclone a narcotic/ benzodiazepine/ addictive?
No, eszopiclone is not a narcotic or benzodiazepine. It belongs to a class of drugs called hypnotics (cyclopyrrolone). When used for longer duration or at high doses there is a risk of developing dependence/addiction
Q. Is eszopiclone the same as lunesta/ zopiclone/generic?
Yes, eszopiclone is a generic and available under the name of lunesta. It is not same as zopiclone
Q. Can I take eszopiclone/ lunesta with hydrocodone/ ambien/ xanax/ oxycodone/ percocet/ ativan/ vicodin/ trazodone/ benadryl?
You must consult your doctor before taking any other medications along with eszopiclone/ lunesta including but not limited to hydrocodone/ ambient/ xanax/ oxycodone/ percocet/ ativan/ vicodin/ trazodone/ Benadryl as they may interact with eszopiclone/ lunesta
Q. How does eszopiclone work?
Eszopiclone belongs to a class of drugs called hypnotics (cyclopyrrolone). The exact mechanism of action is not known but its effect is believed to result from the increase of certain natural chemicals in the brain that induce sleep.
Substitutes for Zolnite
No substitutes found for this medicine