food interaction for ZOLNITE
alcohol interaction for ZOLNITE
pregnancy interaction for ZOLNITE
lactation interaction for ZOLNITE
medicine interaction for ZOLNITE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ZOLNITE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ZOLNITENo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR ZOLNITE
- Do not drive or operate machinery immediately after or even on the day after taking eszopiclone (especially for dose of 3 mg) as it may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or blurred vision.
- Tell your doctor if you have or have had a history of depression or other mental or mood disorders, or if you have a history of suicidal thoughts or behaviour, substance/alcohol dependence, severe lung or liver disease.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you observe swelling (angioedema) involving the tongue, glottis or larynx or dyspnea, throat closing, or nausea and vomiting.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you or your family notice any changes in your behavior (e.g., aggression, confusion etc), or if you have any unusual or disturbing thoughts or you are sleep-driving.
- Do not stop taking eszopiclone suddenly as it may cause withdrawal symptoms. Your doctor will taper your dose before stopping it completely.
- Take eszopiclone for short period of time (up to 2 weeks) to avoid developing tolerance (medicine losing effectiveness to help you sleep). When used for longer duration or at high doses there is a risk of developing dependence/addiction.
- Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR ZOLNITE
Q. Is eszopiclone a narcotic/ benzodiazepine/ addictive?
No, eszopiclone is not a narcotic or benzodiazepine. It belongs to a class of drugs called hypnotics (cyclopyrrolone). When used for longer duration or at high doses there is a risk of developing dependence/addiction
Q. Is eszopiclone the same as lunesta/ zopiclone/generic?
Yes, eszopiclone is a generic and available under the name of lunesta. It is not same as zopiclone
Q. Can I take eszopiclone/ lunesta with hydrocodone/ ambien/ xanax/ oxycodone/ percocet/ ativan/ vicodin/ trazodone/ benadryl?
You must consult your doctor before taking any other medications along with eszopiclone/ lunesta including but not limited to hydrocodone/ ambient/ xanax/ oxycodone/ percocet/ ativan/ vicodin/ trazodone/ Benadryl as they may interact with eszopiclone/ lunesta
Q. How does eszopiclone work?
Eszopiclone belongs to a class of drugs called hypnotics (cyclopyrrolone). The exact mechanism of action is not known but its effect is believed to result from the increase of certain natural chemicals in the brain that induce sleep.