Information about Mifepristone
Mifepristone is used in medical abortion.
How Mifepristone works
Mifepristone blocks the effects of progesterone, a natural female hormone which is needed for the pregnancy to sustain. Without this hormone, the lining of the uterus (womb) breaks down as it does during a menstrual period and stops the growth of the pregnancy.
Common side effects of Mifepristone
Nausea, Vomiting, Uterine cramps, Diarrhea, Infection following abortion, Uterine bleeding
Available Medicine for Mifepristone
FibroeaseAkumentis Healthcare Ltd
₹696 to ₹7652 variant(s)
UnwantedMankind Pharma Ltd
AbortabBharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd
FibristoneJagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd
MifeproHindustan Latex Ltd
MinifibroAkumentis Healthcare Ltd
₹548 to ₹5752 variant(s)
MifeonePharmanova India Drugs Pvt Ltd
₹699 to ₹8782 variant(s)
Goefibro-MKoye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltd
₹493 to ₹5482 variant(s)
TermipilAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹60 to ₹3362 variant(s)
Expert advice for Mifepristone
- Mifepristone helps in medical termination of pregnancy.
- Take it no later than 63 days after the first day of your last menstrual period.
- If you vomit within 45 minutes of taking the tablet, talk to your doctor immediately. You will need to take another tablet.
- Take it only as prescribed by the doctor. Miscarriages, if incomplete, may result in serious medical complications leading to hospitalization, surgery and possible infertility.
- Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as it can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- It does not affect fertility. Use contraception to avoid pregnancy.
- Vaginal bleeding may or may not occur after taking this medicine. Inform your doctor immediately if excessive bleeding occurs or if you suffer from severe abdominal pain.