Information about Eszopiclone
Eszopiclone is used in the treatment of insomnia.
How eszopiclone works
Eszopiclone belongs to a group of medicines called sedative-hypnotics. It works by slowing activity of the nerve cells in the brain and helps fall asleep.
Common side effects of eszopiclone
Sleepiness, Dizziness, Memory impairment, Nervousness, Headache, Altered taste
Available Medicine for Eszopiclone
- ₹72Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Eszopiclone
- Your doctor has prescribed Eszopiclone to help you fall asleep faster and sleep for longer.
- Take Eszopiclone once while going to bed and do not repeat in the same night.
- Not for long-term use as it can be habit-forming.
- Along with taking Eszopiclone, follow simple tips to establish a sleep routine: Go to sleep and wake up at the same time each day; avoid drinking alcohol, smoking, or consuming coffee/tea four to six hours before going to bed; avoid large meal before bedtime; do not exercise right before going to bed; make sure the bedroom is quiet and dark; avoid daytime nap.
- Do not abruptly stop the medicine if you have been regularly using it.
Frequently asked questions for Eszopiclone
Q. Is eszopiclone a narcotic/ benzodiazepine/ addictive?
No, eszopiclone is not a narcotic or benzodiazepine. It belongs to a class of drugs called hypnotics (cyclopyrrolone). When used for longer duration or at high doses there is a risk of developing dependence/addiction
Q. Is eszopiclone the same as lunesta/ zopiclone/generic?
Yes, eszopiclone is a generic and available under the name of lunesta. It is not same as zopiclone
Q. Can I take eszopiclone/ lunesta with hydrocodone/ ambien/ xanax/ oxycodone/ percocet/ ativan/ vicodin/ trazodone/ benadryl?
You must consult your doctor before taking any other medications along with eszopiclone/ lunesta including but not limited to hydrocodone/ ambient/ xanax/ oxycodone/ percocet/ ativan/ vicodin/ trazodone/ Benadryl as they may interact with eszopiclone/ lunesta
Q. How does eszopiclone work?
Eszopiclone belongs to a class of drugs called hypnotics (cyclopyrrolone). The exact mechanism of action is not known but its effect is believed to result from the increase of certain natural chemicals in the brain that induce sleep.