food interaction for ZOLCIN O
alcohol interaction for ZOLCIN O
pregnancy interaction for ZOLCIN O
lactation interaction for ZOLCIN O
medicine interaction for ZOLCIN O
Avoid Zolcin o 50mg tablet with dairy products such as milk, cheese, curd, butter, paneer and ice cream.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ZOLCIN O
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ZOLCIN O
- FQ TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Seagull Labs (I) Pvt LtdRs. 2.66/tabletRs. 26.58save 49% more per tablet
- FLORA 50MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Serve PharmaceuticalsRs. 1.11/tabletRs. 11.11save 79% more per tablet
- OCTOFLOX 50MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Avinash Health Products Pvt LtdRs. 4.62/tabletRs. 46.22save 11% more per tablet
- RANOCIN TZ 50MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)S R PharmaceuticalsRs. 3.09/tabletRs. 46.41save 40% more per tablet
- SYMBOCIN 50MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Symbiosis LabRs. 8/tabletRs. 80pay 54% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR ZOLCIN O
- Avoid taking milk or dairy products, or taking antacids, didanosine, sucralfate, or vitamins within 2 hours before or after taking ofloxacin.
- Do not start or continue the ofloxacin tablets if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to ofloxacin or any of the other ingredients of ofloxacin tablet.
- Consult your doctor before taking the drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered before taking ofloxacin tablets in case of any following disease conditions such as fits (epilepsy), inflammation of the bands of tissue that connect muscles to bones (tendinitis), myasthenia gravis and kidney problems.
- Drink adequate fluid to prevent the formation of highly concentrated urine.
- Avoid excessive exposure to light to prevent photosensitivity.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking ofloxacin tablet because you may feel sleepy.
Frequently asked questions FOR ZOLCIN O
Q. What is Zenflox OZ/ Zenflox Plus/ Zenflox tablet/ Oflomac/ Oflomac 200/ Zanocin OZ/ Zanocin/ Zanocin OD 400 used for?
Ofloxacin (also available as Zenflox OZ/ Zenflox Plus/ Zenflox tablet/ Oflomac/ Oflomac 200/ Zanocin OZ/ Zanocin/ Zanocin OD 400) and are used to treat bacterial infections including upper and lower urinary tract infections, lower respiratory tract infections, skin and soft tissue infections and sexually transmitted infections (of urethra and cervix). Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is ofloxacin/ Zenflox/ Zanocin OZ an antibiotic?
Yes. It belongs to the group of medicines called fluoroquinolone antibiotics
Q. Is ofloxacin penicillin based/ Steroid/ fluoroquinolone/sulfa?
No. Ofloxacin is fluoroquinolone antibiotic. It is not a steroid and does not contain sulfa. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Can I take paracetamol/ibuprofen with ofloxacin?
There is no known interaction and it is safe to take these drugs with ofloxacin. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Does Ofloxacin treat pink eye/chlamydia/ear infections?
Ofloxacin is used to treat pink eye (conjunctivitis), ear infection and infection due to chlamydia
Q. Does ofloxacin affect birth control?
It does not affect birth control
Q. Is ofloxacin safe for dogs/ cats?
Yes it is safe to be used in pets.However, the dose vary. You need to consult a veterinary doctor
Q. Is ofloxacin the same as Ciprodex?
No. Ofloxacin and Ciprodex are different drugs as Ciprodex contain ciprofloxacin.