food interaction for ZITHROCIN
alcohol interaction for ZITHROCIN
pregnancy interaction for ZITHROCIN
lactation interaction for ZITHROCIN
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZITHROCIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ZITHROCIN
- AZEE 1000MG TABLET(1 tablet in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 47.50/tabletRs. 47.50pay 7% more per tablet
- LAZ 1000 MG TABLET(1 tablet in strip)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 33.33/tabletRs. 33.33save 25% more per tablet
- AZYSAFE 1000MG TABLET(1 tablet in strip)Overseas Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 31.70/tabletRs. 31.70save 28% more per tablet
- DOXY 1 UP 1000 MG TABLET(1 tablet in strip)USV LtdRs. 46.18/tabletRs. 46.18pay 4% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for ZITHROCIN
- Do not Azithromycin with food. Take it 1 hour before or 2 hours after food
- Do not take Azithromycin if you are allergic to azithromycin, erythromycin , roxithromycin or clarithromycin
- Do not take any antacids containing magnesium or aluminium for up to 2 hours before and after taking this drug.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding
Frequently asked questions for ZITHROCIN
Q.Is azithromycin/ Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok used for cough, cold and sore throat?
Yes. Azithromycin (also available as Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok) is used to treat bacterial infections of the nose, throat and chest
Q.Is azithromycin and erythromycin the same?
No. Both are different type of antibiotic belonging to same class. Azithromycin is next generation antibiotic of erythromycin class
Q.Is azithromycin safe?
Azithromycin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.