food interaction for ZIMIGUT
alcohol interaction for ZIMIGUT
pregnancy interaction for ZIMIGUT
lactation interaction for ZIMIGUT
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZIMIGUT
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ZIMIGUT 550 MG TABLET
Patients taking ZIMIGUT 550 MG TABLET
- 70%Twice A Day
- 20%Thrice A Day
- 10%Four Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES for ZIMIGUT
- RIFAGUT 550 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 31.50/tabletRs. 315pay 1% more per tablet
- RCIFAX 550 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 33.90/tabletRs. 339pay 9% more per tablet
- SIBOFIX 550 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 32.80/tabletRs. 328pay 6% more per tablet
- RAFLE 550 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 36.16/tabletRs. 361.55pay 16% more per tablet
- RIXMIN 550 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 35.05/tabletRs. 350.50pay 13% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for ZIMIGUT
- liver disease
- diarrhea with a fever
- watery or bloody diarrhea
Frequently asked questions for ZIMIGUT
Q.Is rifaximin an antibiotic/ is rifaximin FDA approved for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)/help in IBS?
Yes, rifaximin (also available as Rifagut) is an antibiotic. It is not yet approved by the FDA for the treatment of IBS
Q.Is rifaximin the same as rifampin?
Rifaximin is a structural analog of rifampin
Q.Is rifagut an antibiotic?
Rifagut is a brand name for rifaximin. Yes, it is an antibiotic
Q.Can I take xifaxan with amoxicillin/ibuprofen?
Xifaxan is the brand name for rifaximin and can be taken with ibuprofen, but not with amoxicillin, as it is antibiotic. If taken with other antibiotics, rifaximin causes diarrhea
Q.Does rifaximin cause diarrhea/gas/constipation?
It may rarely cause these side effects
Q.Does rifaximin kill parasites/yeast?
It is antibiotic and doesn't kill parasites and yeast.