food interaction for VOLIX M
alcohol interaction for VOLIX M
pregnancy interaction for VOLIX M
lactation interaction for VOLIX M
Taking Voglibose with alcohol reduce the blood sugar levels in diabetic patients.
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for VOLIX M
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for VOLIX M 0.2 TABLET
Patients taking VOLIX M 0.2 TABLET
- 58%Once A Day
- 28%Twice A Day
- 10%Thrice A Day
- 3%Four Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES for VOLIX M
- VOLIBO M 500 MG/0.2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 9.20/tabletRs. 92save 3% more per tablet
- CETAPIN V 500 MG/0.2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sanofi India LtdRs. 9.62/tabletRs. 96.24pay 1% more per tablet
- VOBIT M 500 MG/0.2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 9.65/tabletRs. 96.50pay 2% more per tablet
- VOGLITOR MF 500 MG/0.2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.95/tabletRs. 39.50save 58% more per tablet
- VOGLI M 500 MG/0.2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Medley PharmaceuticalsRs. 8/tabletRs. 80save 16% more per tablet
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for VOLIX M
- Take the medicine with food to avoid upset stomach.
- Check your blood sugar regularly.
- Do not take metformin in severe diarrhoea or vomiting, or when starting antihypertensive or diuretic therapy or therapy with a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).
- This medication may cause lactic acidosis (a build-up of lactic acid in the body, which can be fatal).
- Lactic acidosis can start slowly and get worse over time.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you have even mild symptoms of lactic acidosis, such as:muscle pain or weakness,numb or cold arms and legs,trouble breathing,feeling dizzy, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, slow heart rate.
- Do not take metformin if you need to have any type of x-ray or CT scan using a dye
- You need to get certain kidney function tests done before starting treatment with metformin and regularly thereafter.
- Be careful when taking this drug in combination with insulin or other oral antidiabetics, as it may lead to low blood glucose level (hypoglycemia).
Frequently asked questions for VOLIX M
Q.Is Metformin a birth control pill/ insulin / statin/ banned drug?
Metformin (also available as glyciphage, glycomet, glycomet SR) is an antidiabetic drug used in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients, as an adjunct to the diet and exercise
Q.Is metformin safe?
Metformin is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take metformin forever?
Metformin should be taken at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is metformin good for weight loss / weight loss in non-diabetics?
Metformin is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients.
Q.Is voglibose/volixy approved by US FDA?
Voglibose is not approved by US FDA
Q.Is voglibose better than acarbose?
No, voglibose and acarbose have similar overall effects but variation may exist depending on the individuals taking the drug. Always consult your doctor for an alternative drug of choice
Q.Is voglibose safe?
Voglibose is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.