Metformin + Voglibose
Information about Metformin + Voglibose
Metformin + voglibose uses
Metformin+Voglibose is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
How metformin + voglibose works
This is a combination of two antidiabetic medicines: Metformin and voglibose. Metformin lowers the production and absorption of sugar in your body and allows better use of existing insulin. Voglibose inhibits the intestinal enzymes that cause breakdown of complex sugars into simple sugars such as glucose. This prevents blood glucose from rising very high after meals.
Common side effects of metformin + voglibose
Nausea, Taste change, Loss of appetite, Flatulence, Stomach pain, Diarrhea, Skin rash
Available Medicine for Metformin + Voglibose
- ₹100 to ₹142Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹100 to ₹130Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹92 to ₹128Abbott2 variant(s)
- ₹51 to ₹115Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹120 to ₹152Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹85 to ₹109USV Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹100 to ₹125Medley Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
- ₹99 to ₹127Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹135 to ₹427Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹106 to ₹176Sanofi India Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Metformin + Voglibose
- Take it with food to lower your chance of having an upset stomach.
- It can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemia symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor, and anxious feeling.
- Monitor your blood sugar level regularly while taking this medicine.
- Tell your doctor immediately if you experience any deep or rapid breathing, persistent nausea, vomiting or stomach pain as Metformin + Voglibose may cause a rare but serious condition called lactic acidosis, which is an excess of lactic acid in the blood.