food interaction for VETAHIST
alcohol interaction for VETAHIST
pregnancy interaction for VETAHIST
lactation interaction for VETAHIST
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for VETAHIST
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for VETAHIST
- VERTIN 16 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 11.95/tabletRs. 119.50save 19% more per tablet
- BETAVERT 16 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 10.50/tabletRs. 105save 29% more per tablet
- VERBET 16 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Albert David LtdRs. 10.10/tabletRs. 101save 31% more per tablet
- B STILL 16 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 11.50/tabletRs. 115save 22% more per tablet
- ZEVERT 16 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.10/tabletRs. 61save 58% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for VETAHIST
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to betahistine or any of the other ingredients of betahistine tablet.
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- If you have intolerance to some sugars like lactose.
Frequently asked questions for VETAHIST
Q.Is betahistine FDA approved?
No, betahistine is not approved by FDA
Q.Is betahistine/betahistine dihydrochloride an antihistamine/antibiotic/steroid/addictive?
No, it belongs to the group of medicines called histamine analogues. It is not antihistamine/antibiotic/steroid and it is not an addictive drug
Q.Is betahistine available over the counter?
No, it is available with doctor's prescription only
Q.Is betahistine used for vertigo/tinnitus?
Yes, it is used for vertigo, tinnitus. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q.How long can I take betahistine for?
Patient should take betahistine for prescribed dose and duration as advised by doctor
Q.Can I take betahistine with antihistamine/ cinnarizine/citalopram/amitryptyline/cetirizine/ paracetamol/ibuprofen/prochlorperazine?
No, taking other medicines may alter the effects of betahistine. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q.Does betahistine make you sleepy/cause drowsiness/ weight gain?
Betahistine causing drowsiness is among common side effects. Weight gain may be observed rarely. Always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.