food interaction for URSOKEM
alcohol interaction for URSOKEM
pregnancy interaction for URSOKEM
lactation interaction for URSOKEM
medicine interaction for URSOKEM
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR URSOKEM
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR URSOKEM
- UDILIV 600 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 43.20/tabletRs. 432pay 74% more per tablet
- URSOCOL SR 600MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 36/tabletRs. 360pay 45% more per tablet
- BILEFIX 600 MG TABLET(14 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 41.07/tabletRs. 575pay 66% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR URSOKEM
- Ursodeoxycholic Acid should be taken preferably after meals.
- Do not take antacids that contain aluminum while you are taking the Ursodeoxycholic Acid. This is because antacids decrease the amount of Ursodeoxycholic Acid absorbed by the body.
- Notify your doctor if you are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR URSOKEM
Q. Is ursodeoxycholic acid a steroid/ antibiotic?
No, Ursodeoxycholic acid is a bile acid, a substance naturally produced by the body that is stored in the gallbladder
Q. Is ursodeoxycholic acid safe?
Ursodeoxycholic acid is safe, if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. What is ursodeoxycholic acid/Udihep forte/Udiliv300/Udiliv150?
Ursodeoxycholic acid is a bile acid, a substance naturally produced by the body that is stored in the gallbladder
Q. How does it work?
It works by decreasing the production of cholesterol and by dissolving the cholesterol in bile so that it cannot form stones
Q. Does ursodeoxycholic acid/Udihep forte/Udiliv 300/Udiliv 150 cause weight gain/loss?
No, it has no effect on weight
Q. How does ursodeoxycholic acid works for primary biliary cirrhosis/obstructive cholestasis?
Ursodeoxycholic acid works by decreasing the production of cholesterol and by dissolving the cholesterol in bile so that it cannot form stones.