food interaction for TOLTER
alcohol interaction for TOLTER
pregnancy interaction for TOLTER
lactation interaction for TOLTER
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TOLTER
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for TOLTER
- ROLITEN 2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 14.70/tabletRs. 147pay 25% more per tablet
- DETRUSITOL 2 MG TABLET(14 tablets in strip)Pfizer LtdRs. 43.99/tabletRs. 615.80pay 274% more per tablet
- TOLU XR 2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 10.50/tabletRs. 105save 11% more per tablet
- TOLCONTIN 2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 9.50/tabletRs. 95save 19% more per tablet
- TEROL 2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 8.22/tabletRs. 82.21save 30% more per tablet
Expert advice for TOLTER
- Do not take this drug, If you are allergic to tolterodine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Do not take tolterodine if you are unable to pass urine from the bladder (urinaryretention); glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye that can cause visual problems); myasthenia gravis (weakness of muscles); severe inflammation of all or any part of gut (ulcerative colitis); suffer from sudden and severe dilatation of the colon (toxic megacolon).
- Do not start or continue tolterodine if you have difficulties in passing urine due to obstruction in any part of the urinary tract; if you have obstruction in any part of the gut (e.g. pyloric stenosis); decreased bowel movements or suffer from severe constipation; or hernia.
- Avoid taking tolterodine if you suffer from neurological disorders that affect your blood pressure, bowel or sexual function.
- Tolterodine can cause dizziness,tiredness, affect sight and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination.
Frequently asked questions for TOLTER
Q.Is tolterodine a diuretic?
No, Tolterodine belongs to a class of medication called as anticholinergics
Q.Is tolterodine same as Detrol?
Yes, tolterodine is the generic name and Detrol is the brand name
Q.Is tolterodine a generic drug?
Yes, tolterodine is the generic dru
Q.Is tolterodine a prodrug?
No, it is not a prodrug
Q.What is tolterodine l-tartrate?
Tolterodine belongs to a class of medication called as anticholinergics
Q.What is it used for?
It acts by blocking the activity of chemical (acetylcholine) on muscles of urinary bladder, preventing their contraction
Q.Does tolterodine cause weight gain?
No clinically observable effect on weight has been reported with the use of tolterodine.