Medicine Overview of Timonix Eye Drop
Uses of Timonix Eye Drop
Timonix Eye Drop is used in the treatment of glaucoma.
Side effects of Timonix Eye Drop
Stinging in the eyes, Blurred vision, Burning eyes.
How to use Timonix Eye Drop
This medicine is for external use only.Take it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Hold the dropper close to the eye/ear without touching it. Gently squeeze the dropper and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid or ear. Wipe off extra liquid.
How Timonix Eye Drop works
Timonix eye drop works by lowering the pressure in the eye(s), thereby preventing gradual loss of vision.
In Depth Information on Timonix Eye Drop
Expert advice for Timonix Eye Drop
- Timonix helps lower high pressure in the eye and reduces the risk of vision loss.
- For best results, put one drop in the affected eye(s).
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute, immediately after instilling the drop so that the medicine does not drain away from the eye.
- Notify your doctor if you are suffering from heart or lung disease or diabetes.
- Take care to prevent contact of eye dispenser with eye, eyelid, eyelashes, or finger to avoid infection.
- Remove contact lenses before using Timonix and allow at least 15 minutes before re-inserting them.
- When applying multiple eye medications, wait for at least 5-15 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
Special precautions for Timonix Eye Drop
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Timonix Eye Drop may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Timonix Eye Drop is probably safe to use during lactation.+more
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Timonix Eye Drop may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Timonix Eye Drop is probably safe to use in patients with ki+more
dney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Timonix Eye Drop may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Timonix Eye Drop should be used with caution in patients wit+more
h liver disease. Dose adjustment of Timonix Eye Drop may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Frequently asked questions for Timonix NA Eye Drop
Frequently asked questions for Timolol
Timonix is a beta blocker. It is not a selective beta blocker/steroid/generic/antibiotic
The Timonix eye drop is preservative fre
Timoptic and copsopt are brand names of the eye drops containing Timonix
Q. Does it need to be refrigerated?
The timolol containing eye drops should not be refrigerated
Timonix is used to lower blood pressure
Q. Does it stop growth of hemangiomas?
It may be used to stop growth of hemangiomas (only after prescription from the doctor)
Q. Does Timonix cause weight gain/hair loss/ miosis/make eyelashes grow/ cause dry eyes/slow heart rate?
Timonix does not make eyelashes grow. It is a blood pressure lowering medication. It is not known to cause weight gain/hair loss/miosis. It may cause dry eyes/slow heart rate as a side effect. If any side effects of the drug are observed then one should inform the doctor immediately.
Substitutes for Timonix
No substitutes found for this medicine