Information about Bambuterol
How bambuterol works
Bambuterol is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and makes breathing easier.
Common side effects of bambuterol
Tremor, Headache, Restlessness, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Palpitations
Available Medicine for Bambuterol
- ₹48Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹56Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹47Zuventus Healthcare Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹24 to ₹64Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Bambuterol
- Take bambuterol tablets shortly before bedtime.
- Caution should be exercised in patients with history of diabetes, thyroid disease, high blood pressure, heart disease, problems of liver or kidneys, family history of glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye).
- You should continue taking the medication after the start of treatment with bambuterol, even if the asthma symptoms diminish.
- If you have moderate to severely impaired renal function (GFR < 50 ml/min), it is recommended that the starting dose of Bambuterol should be halved.
- If you have severe asthma, you should undergo regular blood tests to monitor the amount of potassium in your blood.
- If you are suffering from diabetes, you may need additional medications for blood glucose control, due to the hypoglycemic effect exerted by bambuterol.
- Consult your doctor as soon as possible if this medicine doesn't relieve wheezing or chest tightness as well as usual, or for as long as usual, or if you need to use it more often than usual.
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor for advice before taking this medicine.Caution is recommended during the first trimester of pregnancy.
Frequently asked questions for Bambuterol
Q. What is Bambuterol Hydrochloride?
Bambuterol Hydrochloride is a prodrug of terbutaline (synthetic compound with bronchodilator properties, used especially in the treatment of asthma).