Medicine Overview of Timol Eye Drop
Uses of Timol Eye Drop
Timol OD Eye Drop is used in the treatment of glaucoma.
Side effects of Timol Eye Drop
Stinging in the eyes, Blurred vision, Burning eyes.
How to use Timol Eye Drop
This medicine is for external use only.Take it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Hold the dropper close to the eye/ear without touching it. Gently squeeze the dropper and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid or ear. Wipe off extra liquid.
How Timol Eye Drop works
Timol od eye drop works by lowering the pressure in the eye(s), thereby preventing gradual loss of vision.
In Depth Information on Timol Eye Drop
Expert advice for Timol Eye Drop
- It should not be taken by patients who are allergic to timolol or other beta-blockers or any of the other ingredients of the tablet.
- Do not start or continue timolol, if you are taking any other medication for high blood pressure or heart condition or other beta blockers.
- Avoid taking timolol, if you have asthma or other respiratory disease that causes breathing problems (eg. chronic bronchitis, emphysema, etc.).
- Do not start or continue timolol, if your have diabetes, thyroid disorder, liver or kidney dysfunction or ulcers, pheochromocytoma (tumor of the adrenal glands that leads to persistent or episodic high blood pressure).
- Avoid taking timolol, if you are breastfeeding or pregnant.
- Do not drive or operate machines, as timolol may cause dizziness or tiredness.
Special precautions for Timol OD Eye Drop
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Timol OD Eye Drop may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Timol OD Eye Drop is probably safe to use during lactation.+more
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Timol OD Eye Drop may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Timol OD Eye Drop is probably safe to use in patients with+more
kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Timol OD Eye Drop may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Timol OD Eye Drop should be used with caution in patients w+more
ith liver disease. Dose adjustment of Timol OD Eye Drop may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Frequently asked questions for Timol NA Eye Drop
Frequently asked questions for Timolol
Timol is a beta blocker. It is not a selective beta blocker/steroid/generic/antibiotic
The Timol eye drop is preservative fre
Timoptic and copsopt are brand names of the eye drops containing Timol
Q. Does it need to be refrigerated?
The timolol containing eye drops should not be refrigerated
Timol is used to lower blood pressure
Q. Does it stop growth of hemangiomas?
It may be used to stop growth of hemangiomas (only after prescription from the doctor)
Q. Does Timol cause weight gain/hair loss/ miosis/make eyelashes grow/ cause dry eyes/slow heart rate?
Timol does not make eyelashes grow. It is a blood pressure lowering medication. It is not known to cause weight gain/hair loss/miosis. It may cause dry eyes/slow heart rate as a side effect. If any side effects of the drug are observed then one should inform the doctor immediately.
Substitutes for Timol
No substitutes found for this medicine