food interaction for TIMOGOLD
alcohol interaction for TIMOGOLD
pregnancy interaction for TIMOGOLD
lactation interaction for TIMOGOLD
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TIMOGOLD
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for TIMOGOLD
- GLUCOMOL 0.5% W/V EYE DROP(5 ML eye drop in packet)Allergan India Pvt LtdRs. 11.66/ML of eye dropRs. 58.29pay 17% more per ML of eye drop
- GLUCHEK EYE DROPS(5 ML eye drop in packet)Optica Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 10/ML of eye dropRs. 50same price
- TIMOLINA EYE DROP(5 ML eye drop in packet)Chethana PharmaceuticalsRs. 9.88/ML of eye dropRs. 49.41save 1% more per ML of eye drop
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Vandana SarohaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Dheeraj GuptaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Ira ChopraMBBS, MS
- Dr. Ajay SharmaMBBS, MS
Expert advice for TIMOGOLD
- Consult your doctor whether to continue Timolol before any scheduled surgery.
Frequently asked questions for TIMOGOLD
Q.Is timolol a beta blocker/selective beta blocker/steroid/generic/antibiotic?
Timolol is a beta blocker. It is not a selective beta blocker/steroid/generic/antibiotic
Q.Is timolol preservative free?
The timolol eye drop is preservative fre
Q.Is timolol the same as timoptic or cosopt?
Timoptic and copsopt are brand names of the eye drops containing timolol
Q.Does it need to be refrigerated?
The timolol containing eye drops should not be refrigerated
Q.Does timolol lower blood pressure?
Timolol is used to lower blood pressure
Q.Does it stop growth of hemangiomas?
It may be used to stop growth of hemangiomas (only after prescription from the doctor)
Q.Does timolol cause weight gain/hair loss/ miosis/make eyelashes grow/ cause dry eyes/slow heart rate?
Timolol does not make eyelashes grow. It is a blood pressure lowering medication. It is not known to cause weight gain/hair loss/miosis. It may cause dry eyes/slow heart rate as a side effect. If any side effects of the drug are observed then one should inform the doctor immediately.