food interaction for TIGETUF
alcohol interaction for TIGETUF
pregnancy interaction for TIGETUF
lactation interaction for TIGETUF
medicine interaction for TIGETUF
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR TIGETUF
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR TIGETUF
- TEVRAN 50 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 3559.50/injectionRs. 3559.50pay 41% more per injection
- TIGIMAX 50 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Abbott India LtdRs. 3150/injectionRs. 3150pay 25% more per injection
- TIGI 50 MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Natco Pharma LtdRs. 538.46/ML of injectionRs. 2692.31save 79% more per ML of injection
- TIGEZ 50MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Lupin LtdRs. 551.60/ML of injectionRs. 2758save 78% more per ML of injection
- TGKEM 50MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 1299/ML of injectionRs. 1299save 49% more per ML of injection
Expert advice FOR TIGETUF
- Use in children (younger than 8 years old) with extreme caution as it can cause permanent yellowing or graying of the teeth.
- Use necessary precautions (such as a condom, diaphragm, spermicide) to avoid pregnancy while using tigecycline.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as tigecycline may cause dizziness.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight as tigecycline may cause increased sensitivity to sunlight.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you have itching, hives, hoarseness, trouble breathing, trouble swallowing, or any swelling of your hands, face, or mouth after you receive this medicine.
- Seek advice from your doctor if you have sudden and severe stomach pain, chills, constipation, nausea, vomiting, fever, or lightheadedness.
- Take tigecycline for recommended duration to clear up your infection completely. Do not stop taking the medication even if you feel better.
- Consult your doctor if you develop signs of infections, as long-term or repeated use of tigecycline may cause a secondary infection.
Frequently asked questions FOR TIGETUF
Q. Is tigecycline a tetracycline?
Yes, Tigecycline is a tetracycline antibiotic
Q. Is tigecycline bacteriostatic/ nephrotoxic /bactericidal?
Tigecycline is bacteriostatic. It is not a nephrotoxic or bactericidal
Q. What is tigecycline used for?
Tigecycline is used to treat various types of infections such as complicated skin and skin structure infections, complicated intra-abdominal infections, community-acquired bacterial pneumonia
Q. Does Tigecycline cover MRSA/ VRE/anaerobes/ c diff?
Yes, Tigecycline covers MSRA, anaerobes, VRE, C diff
Q. How does Tigecycline work?
Tigecycline works by preventing the bacteria from multiplying.